New build

Dear all,

I want to start a new build, and I want it to be a small powerhouse, used for videoediting, gaming and developing.

I was thinking about this:

• Intel Core i7 4770K Boxed
  • Asus H87I-PLUS
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Superclocked ACX Cooling
  • Corsair Obsidian 350D
  • Corsair Hydro H100i
  • Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition, 120mm
  • Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition Twin Pack, 120mm
  • Corsair Air Series SP120 PWM Quiet Edition Twin Pack, 120mm
  • Kingston HyperX Beast KHX24C11T3K2/8X
  • be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W CM

Any tips or suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Budget?

well put in a diffrent motherboard. if you go with a  unlocked cpu, you offcourse wanne have the abillity to overclock it and the feutures, so put in a Z87 motherboard, i would recommend Msi Z87 Mpower.
H87 mobo´s are so lack of feutures, and the overclockability is allmost zero.

Yeah, get a motherboard with a Z87 chipset for overclockability.  It'd be a shame to put that nice cpu into a such a motherboard like that.

For the gpu, I'd recommend an HD 7950.  They're sub-200 after mail in rebates, and are quite the good deal right now.

My budget will be around €1400, since I can sell a lot of my current build (anyone in the Netherlands want a littleDevil case?)

Also, I think I'm gonna go with the Asus Republic Of Gamers Maximus VI Gene, I like the style better and it give better overclocking capabilities. ( the Msi Z87 Mpower won't fit, it's a full ATX...)

For the video card, I'm stayinh with the GTX760, I'll be doing some rendering and vedio-editing, so I'll need the CUDA cores. Too bad adobe doesn't fully support OpenCL yet.

I also stepped up my developing, so I actually want 6 or even 8 cores, but I need vt-x...This doesn't fit in my budget I think?

wenn you wanne go for a m-atx build then yeah the maximus VI gene is a great choice. but the board it self would not give better OC ability then the Mpower, will a bit equal.

Get the non-k processor on the H87 mobo, you'll have the benefit of being able to use hardware virtualization, which is essential for the coming graphics acceleration technologies. It's not like there is much performance gain in overclocking Haswell CPUs anyways, and you never get the maximum performance out of a Haswell because they all autotrottle like maniacs.

Also, don't get a Z87-based Asus board, you'll have a framerate loss in games of 10-30% in comparison with their own H87 boards, because of the PCIe controller. If you want an RoG system, go socket 2011, in fact, go socket 2011 anyway, the benefit for video editing is huge, because you can CPU-render everything for a better image quality, or CPU-render with additional OpenCL acceleration from an AMD GPU, which is even faster for the same quality when set up right. QuickSync or CUDA acceleration technologies lead to image quality loss, it's just not the same, even though it may be faster.

Which motherboard do you advise then? For CPU I would go for the i7 4820K, or maybe even a 4930K if I can get one very cheap. But you would advise an AMD GPU, even for rendering? (Which do not support OpenCL)
Why would I CPU-render everything if a GPU can do so much and much faster?