New AMD FX Kaveri APU's

If they are doing something with the AMx socket they obviously don't want us to know, as from all the road maps and future plans they have announced, none have mentioned that the FX / AM3+/AM4 series is being worked on. As much as I hate to think, It seems like AMD are going all out on their APU's and Mobile processors. Sadly, i have to agree with everyone else because i do not think that the AM socket is being carried on. RIP

Ouch this is gunna kill innovation on desktop chips for a while. Having Intel at the forefront by such a large margin in performance for so long. I was really hoping to see something to 'push the envelope' and force some more innovation on the raw performance end of things. Though I guess shifting into the more mobile and lower TDP end can't be all bad. I imagine myself playing current gen games on a paper thin laptop at 1080p with 60+ fps in the nearish future... 

AMD have said there trying to move everything to just one socket. We with see what this is.  It is not FM2+ or AM1 or AM3+.

My best logical guess would be some thing close to FM2+ but with DDR4 support m.2 and Sata express. This is the most logical option because any future enthusiast processor DDR4. APU's are held back by the amount of bandwidth DDR3 can serve. And higher speed DDR4 would help elevate that. It would make it cheaper for board partners to have just one socket.

Its just smart and for the most part what intel is already doing.

Wrong. Intel does not deliver the best / fastest processors on the market.

If you just buy into all the mainstream benchmark results such as cinebench etc. etc. then you´re just a mindless zombie.

Performance doesn´t just  come with smaller manufacturing process and "superior" architecture. It also comes with program optimization / manipulation.

Have a thorough look at this blog http://www.agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49

A famous developer who´s caught Intel in the act, over and over and over again.

Intel is not only known for their "superior" processors but also for bribing and menacing retailers to not sell competing AMD products / favour Intel products.

However, Intel is also known for its compiler. This one is "known" to be the best in terms of producing fast code but only few people know about the built in bias against non-Intel products.

Basically, any program that has been compiled using this compiler checks for the CPU vendor ID string and ONLY THEN decides whether or not to even ask what instruction sets the CPU supports. As soon as the CPU reports back anything but Ginuine Intel the slowest possible / least efficient code will be produced.

The result is worse or even bad performance compared to Intel.

Several mainstream benchmark tools have been compiled with Intel´s compiler and as such are biased right from the start.

AMD has even filed a complaint at the Federal Trade Commission as this is clearly manipulation of the market by falsifying test results which do influence the buying decision of millions of people.

A PDF copy of the whole complaint can be found on the web. I´ve got it and what I´ve read that is exactly what I´ve also found out during my research concerning Intel´s dirty, to be more specific, criminal actions.

Intel has been forced to notify their customers about this. Problem is that Intel has ONLY put a notification on their website stating that this compiler is optimized for Intel CPUs and sub par performance may be experienced with non-Intel products, while the truth is that there is no optimization whatsoever. All it does is to check for the CPU vendor ID string and then decide whether to ask for what instruction sets it supports.

In fact, they´re also lying to their customers. If I was a developer I wouldn´t want my compilers to have a built in bias which makes my application perform worse on specific hardware just because Intel doesn´t like competition. This also means bad reputation for me as a software developer as the layman might think that yet another developer either doesn´t care about "optimizing" for non-Intel products or is paid by Intel.

One might say that what Intel is doing is just a form of evolution. Survival of the fittest and all that crap but the market has rules and if you want to participate you should follow these rules or gtfo. AMD has not had to resort to foul play, neither in the CPU market nor in the GPU market.

BTW, NVIDIA has been caught doing the same but their GPU vendor ID check has mostly had a negative effect on their benchmark results.

Yes, AMD might be cherry picking when it comes to demos / vs. videos with selected AMD and Intel products but they´re not falsifying results.

So, after reading agner´s blog you will understand that software plays a big role in whether or not a CPU will perform well.

Microsoft is another great example. It´s always sided with Intel. You can see how close they are.

In this blog you can even see examples of what happens when you change the CPU vendor ID to Genuine Intel. Performance actually increases or even surpasses that of an actual Intel CPU.

If you still support Intel after reading agner´s blog then you´re nothing but an idiot.

What AMD needs to do is lower the price on the Kavari APU, release a Kavari processor without the integrated GPU and update the FX processors to meet the standards today like M.2, SATA Express, PCIe Gen 3. Those stuff. A re release of a re released processor that comes with a water cooler is not smart business and makes AMD more and more irreverent

Kaveri CPUs without the iGPU? If anything it's going to be the APU with a deactivated or defective iGPU.

AMD has done the same as with the Trinity and Richland APUs and the one before the 5800k, the 3870k and lower or so.

The AMD Athlon II X4 651 or so isn't even an AMD Athlon II, it's just the first series APU with a deactivated iGPU.

Same goes for the Athlon X4 740 , 750 and 750k. Those are second generation / Trinity APUs with inactive iGPU.

Last but not least the Athlon X4 760k. It's a Richland APU with inactive iGPU.

So, it's just a matter of time until AMD will release the CPU part of the Kaveri APUs.

Same will, sooner or later happen with the Athlon 5350 and lower. Those are APUs and we will probably get the CPU parts only, which would be a big plus cause those should be even cheaper and combined with a low power card such as the R7 240 it would be more cost efficient thus make more sense to buy.

I want to build an AM1 system but the iGPU in there is useless imo, so I'd use an R7 240 anyway.

Ive seen those before and they are really nice cpus for the buck. The 9590 with the water cooler though is such a stupid thing to do. Whoever thought about that should just be fired. They really need to focus on updating their enthusiast processor line with a better architecture. The new Intel Pentium processor thats unlocked is on par or better in most cases that isnt cpu intensive since it's a dual core. That should be a wake-up call for AMD imo.