New AMD 5950x Build

ML fans are the worst of both worlds. I have them and I am not impressed. I was at first really excited about maglev, but they actually just licensed this tech from Sunon and implemented it poorly. Sunon fans are put into servers spinning at high RPM for a long time so the maglev is for longevity and performance. It isn’t for quietness.
As far as the static pressure of ML fans, they are not different really from other corsair fans. I have several corsair AIO’s and their fans do “okay” for static pressure. It isn’t the worst I have seen but it definitely isn’t the best. ML fans have issues when angled on the tops of computers and they start to grind after a year or so under use (I know because mine grind). The Thermaltake fans from my other AIO are much better with static pressure vs my Corsair ones in terms of both noise and airflow through the rad.
I bought ML120 fans to replace my “original” corsair fans on my H105 GTX and found that my original fans were ML120’s lol (I should have taken it apart first). I was replacing them because the fans started grinding under load (sounds kinda like a toad lol) after about a year and I just got tired of the noise.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.