Networking Class Project Problems

I'm not entirely sure. The Textbook currently being used for both classes is CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802, 7th Edition.

@deejeta I know it's not, I'm saying it needs to be. I am saying that there needs to be an easy way to say "permit access from only one network to this network and deny everything else" etc.

dam, thats the old exam. that exam hasnt been offered since 2013 proof I knew something was off when you were using rip in a test. ospf and eigrp are the way to go these days

also for the acl thing if you just do the permit of what you want through there is an implicit deny that should do what you want it to do

so what i did in the quick test i did up was on Payroll router

ip access-list 1 permit 172.16.2.0 0.0.0.255
ip access-list 1 permit 172.16.1.0 0.0.0.255

int f0/0
ip access-group 1 out

This might not be 100 percent right but it worked for me. I will admit it has been a while since ive really had to mess with acls

Well, I figure that most of what we are learning now is basic foundation stuff. The first part of the project used RIP, part three did use EIGRP.

This is a 3 and a half year program. I'm only on the 10th semester, with 2 classes per semester, and 5 weeks per semester. So I assume I'm still learning all of that legacy stuff that I may or may not actually end up using, but should still know in case I encounter it.

We haven't covered all that much of ACL's, I'm expecting more in the next set of classes.

oh well, good luck. hope the course works out for you

1 Like

As do I.

Just going back through this to give everyone the likes they deserve for helping me.