Network Solutions DNS Outage Day 2

Hi Everyone,
Not sure this is the right place to post (feel free to move) but I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with Network Solutions lately. We’ve tried to repoint two recently registered domain names to our DNS server and to do so requires we input txt entries first to prove ownership. Unfortunately it seems Network Solutions DNS propagation has been down for the past few days and no one there is providing any meaningful updates.

We have been with Network Solutions since practically the beginning of the internet but we are starting to think about moving to a new registrar. Who does everyone else use, particularly for enterprise domains?

Thanks!

1 Like

i am probably going to migrate over to NameCheap this year. i have been on several over the years and was most recently using google domains. after they sold that off the new version seems to be more of a site host that happens to be a registrar.

ones to avoid off the top of my head:

Dotster.com
Domain.com
CivicPlus
BlueHost (least bad out of these)
GoDaddy (it has been years, no experience since 2014)
1 Like

Lately? NS has been a terrible thing for at least a decade now with their systems being hacked and not disclosed, outdated hosting software, huge costs and fees, illegal business practices with long and tedious processes to stop a subscription, and to top it all off bad performance of hosting services and servers as well. Im convinced the only reason they still exist is because they make it so hard to cancel their service they dont lose most customers because they cant.

gandi.net is ok for personal and smaller corporate stuff, and if you care about budget, <1000 people.

markmonitor.com are still around and still do the work.

Gandi went downhill when they changed owners. I’ve been happy with infomaniak.com, perhaps not the fastest support (there’s an option for premium) but works good enough.