Need some input for this build

So a friend of mine is wanting to get into PC gaming, and I'd like to know anyone's thought on what I've put together right now. He's not wanting to spend too much more than what's on here (~$850). Also, he doesn't have the money at the moment, so there's room for improvement in the future. Here's what I got so far:

CPU: Xeon E3-1230 V2

Mobo: Z77A-G41

RAM: G.Skill 2*4GB @ 1600Hz

HDD: WD Blue 1TB

GPU: XFX R9-270X 2GB

Case: Corsair Carbide 200R

PSU: Corsair CX 600W

Other info: He has no reason to overclock anything, which is why I chose the Xeon. Had great reviews from tons of people, and the mobo was recommended for the cpu as well. Is there anything I should change and keep at a decent price, or is this fine as it is?

That's almost exactly what I have. As a matter of fact I think the 270X might be a hair faster than my HD6950. The only thing I would change would be to see if you can find a WD Black hard drive for that little extra boost of speed. Unfortunately I didn't save any benchmarks to a thumb drive before I packed my machine away (unrelated to the machine itself), but I was able to run Bioshock Infinite at max I think, gently modded Skyrim at max, BF3 maxed, and Borderlands 2 maxed. The only thing I had issues with was Sleeping Dogs, but I guess that was actually an issue with the coding, which of course was fixed after I finished the 16 hour story line.

Thanks for the info man. I actually just found out about the Xeon cpu a week ago, and haven't done too much research on them (other than read reviews on Newegg). Was actually gonna put in an i5 4570 instead, but so many people said "This cpu's basically an i7 for the price of an i5"

That Xeon is essentially an i7 with no integrated graphics.

Motherboard is cheap, but when you're not overclocking, it'll be perfectly fine.

If you wanted to save a bit more, a decent 500w psu would probably work just fine.

Otherwise the build looks good.

Thanks for the info man. What company would you recommend for psu's? I'm not very knowledgeable when them :/