Need some help over clocking a amd athlon 64 x2 3800+

Hi guys,

This is my first time overclocking. I need some help overclocking my amd athlon 64x2 3800+.

I have a hp computer 

specs: 

2 GB ram ddr2

160 GB HDD

AMD athlon 64x2 3800+

Amd radeon HD 6450

I have a hp computer 

So it's an OEM computer?

You'll find the computers you can buy off the shelvehave pretty locked down BIOS's and such do not give you access to options that allow you to overclock.

If the board is not a HP own (aka its another brands) you may be able to patch the BIOS to allow overclocking. However you might then run into issues with the PSU, as yet again OEMs put in a PSU which will just do the job and thus wont support the extra wattage consumed via overclocking.

In summary, you will not be able to overclock this computer.

do you have an Nvidia intergrated gpu on the mobo, if so you can overclock a tiny bit, you can up your front side bus I'd say to 210 while staying stable on stock volts

don't save the profile for start up, it will crash the computer at start up, everytime you turn the PC on you'll have to set the FSB via nvidia tools

Thx for your help but im using a AMD radeon hd 6450

post your motherboard so people can help you (i don't know how this AMDs bioses is). Use CPU-z if you don't want to open your case.

that's your dedicated GPU I need to know your intergrated GPU that's on the motherboard, post a CPUz