Need Replacement Motherboard for Threadripper System, Suggestions?

So I had an Asus Rog Zenith extreme, that broke a month ago, luckily I got 450 dollars worth of credit from getting it from microcenter.

I’ve been eyeing the Asus Rog Zenith Extreme Alpha once I heard it was announced but I was also looking at the Gigabyte Aorus extreme. Which one do you think is the better one? I have TR 1920x, but I plan to upgrade it once gen 3 is released.

My income isn’t the best but working on this pc has been my hobby and learning adventure, and it was being used to exercise my game design skills as well as eventually learn programming and linux (specifically Red Hat if I can). The system was planned to be water cooled, and I was going to have some parts I have 3D modeled be CNC’d or 3D Printed for this Mercury S8S. I don’t mind saving up to get the better board since I don’t think microcenter will be stocking this board anytime soon, so I might just have to purchase it from another source.

Other Hardware in this PC:

TR 1920x
Samsung 512 960 EVO (Planning on possibly selling this and upgrading to a WD Black 1 TB NVME SSD)
6 TB Seagate Ironwolf Pro
1TB Samsung 860 EVO
1000W Seasonic Prime Titanium PSU
Sapphire RX Vega 56 Nitro + Limited Edition
32 GB of G.Skill Trident Z RGB Ram ( Possibly also being sold to get ECC Ram and just stick on rgb modules if possible)

Uses for this PC:

Gaming and Streaming ( I don’t care about high framerates, I chose AMD stuff since the experience is smoother)

Game Design (Programming, 3D Modeling, 2D Concept Work, Animation)

Programming and Linux

Possibly getting it to dual boot into a hackingtosh (reason: to make use of 2d art applications in Mac OS and possibly connect up an Ipad pro as cintiq, also sounds like a fun challenge. I could do this by running a VM but I know there were some lagging issues.)

I’ll throw in a random suggestion here- the Gigabyte x399 Designaire. I’ve sold two of these and they seem to do well- right around the price you mentioned.