Need new tablet

im looking for a tablet right  in the price range of 400-500 dollars/euros.

android tablet preffered because i have some kid learning software  that works best with it and im planning to use to teach little kids language etc.

im kinda clueless when it comes to tablets and was hoping you guys could help me out.

ive been told by a few people that Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition is good but i read alot of reviews about it being slow. not something i want to spend 500+ on:D

any help is appreciated.

I would recommend the Nexus 10.

any reasons to why the nexus 10 would be better then the one i mentioned? any possible/bad things about it i should know about the nexus 10?

The only drawback is that the Nexus 10 is an older tablet; it may not be the fastest, but it is still the best. The Nexus 10 has the highest resolution screen available on any tablet. The Nexus 10 runs stock Android, not the Samsung shit, and is very easy to flash to other distros of Android.

There are ups and downs. I would not buy a Samsung tablet personally. I will buy any of their phones with out a second though but not their tablets, I have very little justification for this.

Where I am a Google tablet like the Nexus 7 is way cheaper than the Samsung gear, It tends to perform way better, easier to install custom versions of android but I gather this is not intended for you use, frequent updates to keep it up to dates with the latest version of android, very little to zero bloatware, robust build (the samsung tablets seems a little flimsy). There are a few others I cannot remember right now.

As for the Nexus 10, it never really came out here so I have never seen one let alone used one, but I trust the quality is up there. Personally I would go Nexus 7 because I have used one and my Mum has one I can personally vouch for the qualities of it. I have heard very good things about the Transformer pads as well.

I would say for children a 7 inch will be more us usable simply for being lighter and smaller.

Check out some of the new baytrail tablets mainly the Asus t100ta and dell venue 8, they run full windows 8.1 but can emulate and play android applications and games though software such as bluestacks.

If you want a high-end, 10-inch android tablet, look no further than the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet.

it sounds interesting but. its not even out yet. it seems to be delayed. waterproof wouldnt hurt at all around little kids:D