Need help working with gpio on LibreComputer and using x735 expansion card

So I have done about a weeks worth of scouring the internet to try and find a solution to this, I have the Libre Computer Roc-3328-cc sbc that I am planning to use with suptronics x820 (2.5" drive to usb 3.0) and x735 (safe shutdown and load responsive cooling) expansion boards. The x735 has a shell script that needs to run to respond to the momentary switch which will act as a restart/power button depending on how long the switch is depressed. Because the board itself is different than the raspberry pi the shell script does not run correctly and if I follow the instructions supplied by suptronics the script errors out and the board stops booting correctly and I cannot even login to remove the script.

I have found some resources and packages that I will list below. But since interacting with gpio pins through the /sys/class/ folder is being depreciated soon and there is a package libgpiod that allows me to interact with the pins with python (one of the languages I write in for work) I am just looking for some help with how to map the output of the command gpioinfo to the pins and then how to convert the logic within the shell script ( I’m not too familiar with the language used in shell scripts) to python and finally how to make sure that it runs on startup like it is supposed to (I’m past the absolute beginner linux level but I am far from an expert).

Heres the resources that I have found with some info on the system it’s running on:

System Info
Board name: Firefly roc-rk3328-cc
Linux flavor: Debian Buster (armbian)
Kernel: Linux 5.3.0-rc4-rockchip64

Datasheets

Board Schematics:

Product specifications for roc-rk3328 (gpio pinout page 8):

X735 script (the x730 and x735 use the same script) this is the script used to make the safe shutdown work:

Forum posts about libgpiod and ArmbianIO:

Some info on how libgpiod works:
https://www.beyondlogic.org/an-introduction-to-chardev-gpio-and-libgpiod-on-the-raspberry-pi/
The armbianIO API proposal:

A forum post of someone in a similar predicament but on a different LibreComputer board:
https://forum.armbian.com/topic/6448-le-potato-gpio-pins-on-sys/

I hope that I have provided enough information to have someone give me some pointers and help me along this journey and solve this problem. If I need to provide the output of any commands or supply any more information please let me know and thank you for any help provided at any level.