Need Help with NVME Raid on x470 Crosshair VII

WOAHHHHH. 7k mb/s! That is very impressive.

I wanna get that sorta speed. But don’t wanna raid.

Great job on figuring it out bro.

1 Like

All inspired and thanks to you, @wendell !
I am pretty proud too.
I didn’t want to lose out on the investment I made with this platform

My intention with the computer is to game and casual web use, but with capabilities and throughput.

Next I plan on building a FreeNAS or unRAID system to hold my data stuff. That’s why I don’t mind having this system in RAID0. But I could see why someone would prefer having their only rig being in RAID1. (cough cough… iMac Pro)

You might find this perspective interesting… I’m upgrading my life from an FX8350 Hard disk drive based platform from 2012… hahahah :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol. I was gonna say you got me mixed up with Wendell

1 Like

Hi,

Greetings from Hungary. Love your videos, subbed since you’ve left Tek Syndicate. Keep up doing it, you are great.

I am facing difficulties to set up my nvme raid 0 on X399 Strix. Sorry to write here, but in principal it is the same like at X470.

So, in bios I’ve set up my array, it is the only one with 2 drives. Seems all ok, but when I try to install windows I can not see the drives as one partition after loading the 3 nvme drivers, just the two partitions separately. What is wrong?

I also have 2 sata drives hooked up, can this cause the issue?

Thanks.

@wendell Tried with the sata drives unplugged, same result :frowning:

I’m having similar problems to @gyik, Windows refuses to see the RAID array I’ve created from 2x NVME drives. It can see every other drive, just not those.

Hey so I figured out the issue (kind of) on my side. For some reason it’s down to the 1809 version of Windows 10. The setup for that ISO just does not see the array or crashes when loading the driver. The 1803 version works fine.

Weirdly if I load 1809 onto a different (non-raid) partition then Windows boots and sees the array just fine.

I was also thinking about to try with a different Win version, just I was too lazy to do that. Now I will try it on the weekend. Tthanks! :slight_smile:

No success. Win 1803 installer now sees the raid 1 array as one partition, but at the first boot after the installation the system hangs. After restart a message says that there was some error during the installation, therefore the installation is not complete. Please reboot and reinstall windows.
:frowning:

Does anyone have input on what the Read Cache Policy and Write Cache Policy settings should be?