Need help with monitor choice

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy a monitor in the forseeable future. Usually I am quite knowledgeable about PC parts, but I am absolutely uninformed about monitors. Hopefully you guys can help me out here.
What I am looking for should fulfill these criteria:
- full HD or 1440p
- good reaction time (the monitor will mostly be used for gaming and watching videos/movies)
- freesync (my R9 290 doesn't support the newest DP standard, but one day I will have a card that does have freesync and then I would like to be able to use it)
- reasonable color reproduction

Obviously the monitor must be reasonably priced. No well known brands required, but the quality should be good. The monitor should be available from germany.

I would be very happy if someone could help!
Cheers!

budget?

For less than 600 bucks you can get the best darn 1440p freesync monitor on the market.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236466

What do you mean? the 290 supports free-sync no problem, also ya budget

Well like I said I might not have the best idea. Somehow I thought I need DP 1.2a for freesync but if that's going to work out of the box then that's excellent!
About the budget... I was thinking 300€, maybe 400. Is there anything viable in this price range?

For some reason the monitor is now 800$ on newegg? Any idea why?

I should have checked the link, but for @Tjj226_Angel as well

The ASUS 144hz IPS free-sync display only goes to 90hz if I'm remembering right, what you want is the ACER one, that should go from 23hz-144hz

The cheaper one on amazon I believe is a TN panel, so probably worth it to pay the extra

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0JC-000P-00083&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Monitors+-+LCD+Flat+Panel-_-0JC-000P-00083&gclid=CPvOwePiv8oCFUNffgodCFAHfA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Have you seen this?

I was quite bothered by that 90Hz max freesync range on the Asus but apparently there is a fix for that. Does anyone here have any experience with such monitor hacks?