Need help making a form

I need assistance creating a Form of sorts. At work, we are provided with information for making a schedule for the day. We then have to manually create a table with the information and export it as PDF and print it.

I want to simplify the task.

I want to make a form or something in LibreOffice or OnlyOffice or Google Sheets/docs with drop downs with the list of instructors, Time (military time) of the session, Computer numbers being used, and the Session type.

Then have it populate a Schedule document that can be exported to PDF or printed.
The schedule document would have a table that would have as many rows as needed per day and the current date at the top.

Here is an example of what we manually create every day.

1 Like

This looks mostly fine, but have it all span an actual page and have every other line be shaded. I can’t for the life of me remember how to do it in LibreOffice, but it isn’t dissimilar from MS Office or OpenOffice. In “open” programs it’s kind of obscure; somewhere within layout/formatting, you should be able to make every other line in the table gray/highlighted yellow/whatever.

But to have it be drop downs to select the entries and have it auto add another row when needed? That’s why I was thinking of a form for data entry that auto-populates the table.

Ah, I see what you want. I’m personally not sure how to do that or if it’s even possible in any of those types of programs AND able to export to PDF.

or just print it

I’m personally not sure how to do that. I’m sorry. I hope someone can help you.

In my experience, it’s usually specialized programs that do that, but that’s entirely company specific.

I do something similar in Adobe Acrobat Pro; I make forms with rubrics for the teachers in my faculty. There I set up date/time fields and drop-downs with student and teacher names. Would translate quite well to what you need I think.

You’d need to create the layout of your form once in a wordprocessor and can then create the forms in Acrobat. You’d have PDFs from the start and can print those, would cut out all the extra steps there!

But… I don’t know if you have access to Acrobat Pro or if any of the free PDF creation programs do that (I never worked with those as I’ve got the full CC suite available).
If you do, give a poke and I’ll make some screenshots on options to use :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually do this for my work quite frequently. If it’s a choice, I will gladly lend a hand to provide some guidance on Google Forms and Google Apps Scripts!

1 Like