Need a plug and play pcie or usb gen 3.2 jbod box

I hate windows. (I still have to use it however)

Anyways for my needs I have 8 drives and want a plug and play jbod box that isn’t cheap or slow that can just be popped into windows and immediately recognized and configured.

If that does not exist then I want something with a GUI that someone with no experience in the IT field or never wants to touch a cmd box to setup the file access can use.

I’m using it for archival and game storage so as long as it can pass through a consistent throughput of 120-300 mbs then its fine. (my drives are ultrastar and the fastest read or write is in that ballpark)

I’m looking for something in the ballpark of these products but for sure is simple to set up and easy to configure. Somthing akin to
QNAP

Orico ect…

I want the ability to bung it in and windows recognizes it as a scsi drive or a external drive.

EDIT: Also some parody system is welcome but not super necessary.

Icybox?

They have others as well but that one comes closest to what you describe. I have a 2-bay one from them and it works well, build quickly is good. Just the fan is noisy, but I don’t care too much since it’s only running while I make a backup.

You might also consider getting two 4 or 5 bay ones to maximise speed, since you’ll get two usb links.

1 Like

thanks I checked them out but the only issue is they are harder to procure here in the states, I see some second hand but other than that I’m not seeing much else.