Need a little help with understanding storage pools

Okay to make this sort this is what i’m hoping to accomplish. I’ve used linux for quit a long time but never on the enterprise level. I’m running into a slight road block understanding how to setup a hypervisor on my server using redhat based systems. I am currently running the OS on a SSD and wanting to run my vm’s purely off of my hardware raid 10 which is 8 seperate spinning rust HDDs that are configured through Dell’s PERC controller. I’m slightly struggling with understanding things like mount points and source targets, I’ve read through some of redhat’s documentation and still a little confused. Any guidance would be helpful if I have to go back to ground zero and do some reading that’s find just could use a little help understating this as I’d prefer to use something like Redhat or Fedora over something proprietary like VMware so any kind of documentation or help would be great. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.