Need a budget $600-$700 PC for 2015!

Hi!

I'm quite new here, and I was wondering if you guys can help me build/buy my new desktop! This will be my first time building one from scratch so it would help if you guys can give me some tips on how to do it. I have been watching some videos on Youtube to prepare for this task... Hope I do not fail!

Anyway, I kind of saw this sticky post regarding what to say when asking for a build. So here goes! Sorry if it's too long.

Budget. How much are you willing to spend?

My budget will be around P30,000 (Philippine Pesos) so it’s going to be around $600-$700. I can opt to go a little over the budget, but not more than $750, maybe.

Where do you live (what country, don't post specific details), and what currency do you use?

I live in the Philippines. Our currency is in Philippine Peso. Exchange rate is around 47 Philippine Pesos = 1 USD.

Is there a retailer you prefer?

I really have little idea about retailers.

Do you need or already have peripherals? (this can add to costs)

What are peripherals? If this means keyboard, mouse, etc., I have the simple ones from my mother’s office, so I guess I can just use those in order to save money. Though, I’m planning to get a simple headset with a microphone, but maybe I’ll just get that later on.

What will you be using your Glorious computer for? Gaming? Rendering? Mix of both? Or is this a home media PC or Steam Box?

I would like to use my computer for gaming and editing videos and pictures. I want to learn video editing and photo editing so if you guys have any tips or videos for me to watch, please let me know!

Do you overclock or want to get into overclocking?

I would like to get into overclocking, but would this increase the chances of parts of my computer breaking? I really have no idea on what happens when you overclock a pc. Also, the place where I am going to put my pc into would not be air-conditioned (sorry, we are not that rich haha) so will this affect the performance of my computer or the heat inside it or whatever? Sorry if I ask too much questions by the way!

Do you plan on going for custom water-cooling now, or in the future?

I really have no idea.

Operating System. Do you need a new one?

I want Windows 10. lol

If you Game-
What kind of settings do you like or what FPS do you want to play at?

High settings, maybe? I have never really experienced playing in high settings in my life so I would like to try it, even once. For FPS, well, whatever seems to be the averagely nice number would be nice.

What resolution will you be playing at? //or would like to play at.

I really have no idea about resolutions.

What kind of games do you like to play?

I mostly play DOTA 2, but I would like to try other non-MOBA games such as GTA V, Assassin’s Creed, The Witcher and the like.

What specific game will you be playing (if you really only play one)

As I have stated above, I would like to try out games from early 2014 to the recent ones.

If you Render or Edit things-
What application do you use to render? (very important)

I usually use Sony Vegas for editing videos but I would like to learn Adobe After Effects so maybe a rig that will be able to handle both would be nice.

Do you render movies or just Photoshop pictures

I render videos for school work and hopefully, some game videos as well if this turns out well.

If you don't have peripherals -
What kind of keyboard do you prefer? Mechanical, scissor, membrane, etc.

I have no idea. Do these things really help you improve gaming a lot? I have never seen any use for it since I do well with a simple non-gaming mouse/keyboard/etc.

What type of mouse-grip do you have? Palm, claw, combination?

The simple ones that you see in offices? I have no idea what they are called lol I just got one from the office of my mother.

What kind of games do you play? (mmo vs fps, for button management)

I would like to play MMOs, FPS and MOBA.

What size monitor are you looking for, and what resolution? Screen type (IPS, S-IPS, TN, etc.) ,hertz (60, 120, etc.)

No idea…

There you go! Sorry it was too long. Hope you guys can help me out!

Ya... just maybe start here

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CMqZL
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CMqZL/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($170.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($40.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.95 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB TurboDuo Video Card ($267.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($58.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $647.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-30 22:23 EDT-0400