Native iOS Tek App

Hey Guys I wanted to see if everyone here would like me to began work on a native iOS Tek app let me know

No, the current app has cross platform ability. Your efforts would be wasted starting new. Contribute to what's available

That is true. The thread for the official app is here: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/tek-syndicate-app/77016

I saw that someone is making a cross platform app using phone gap but native is always better if you have the ability to do so.

well if you talk to @jean1880 he would say that cross platform is better. native is apparently to slow

I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest but you can make your own decision on that. Here is a link that gives a good idea of the pros/cons of both

Yeah, to field this quickly, yes, I agree, native is faster, but those advantages are not noticeable for largely text based applications. Was a design choice on my part so as to optimize the experience for as many users as possible, while also giving the greatest performance, for the least amount of coding complexity. My philosophy is work smart, not hard.

Using cross platform enabled the use of asynchronous, non-blocking functionality of JavaScript. Native specializes in low access programming, which is great for smoothing out frame rates for animation heavy apps, something that cross-platform is not optimized for. In this case, since the forum is mostly reading, and would not require the use of heavy GPU access, the performance gains in native would only be a few milliseconds, which to mean doesn't make it worth the effort of maintaining multiple code bases

On that note, if you want to build native, I fully support the idea, if you want to take it on, at the end of the day, it is just the community that decides what they like, if you build it, and it's great, then awesome.

Awesome Sauce I will create a fork from the main repo and start work on it. @jean1880 can you provide the information for the API for me you have more experience with this API so I may ask your for help on any issues the documentation does not cover

This is the documentation on the discourse API, it is only lightly fleshed out, but it will get you started, if you have any questions, give me a shout.

Hello. There are a lot of good reasons why you need to go native. I think this article will help you with your decision too - https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/7-reasons-why-you-need-to-go-native

Old thread. We currently don't have any official plans to develop an app for the forums.