MyAnimeList but for series and movies?

Why now?
Watched Taboo series over my friends place, I figured to check some series as it was actually good enough for me to want similar things

aaand,
I cant find anything

Title question
So, does anybody have site similar to https://myanimelist.net/ for anime junkie like me who has not watched or followed other series than Game of Thrones and Vikings since …2012ish? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Which would work as the starting point for checking whats out there, or if there is even anything for me?

What I checked
IMDB and RottenTomatoes are really antique with “critics” and they dont help finding new things to watch, both are worthless sites
Trakt seems okay, but its just based on views and likes, and there is no option to filter things or check what series people openly suggest watching next

:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I too have looked into this. The closet thing I found that fits is Trakt. tv

Some Notes: If you haven’t seen the whole series you have to go into the series and click on the seasons you’ve seen.

It’s recommend system is pretty good and it reminds as to what the next episode you have to watch and when a series returns. It also does movies as well. It isn’t perfect but it is close.

Yeah trakt is pretty well known if you have ever looked into media centers. I know it has pretty good integration with Kodi.

My first and only experience with Kodi is from last xmas over my parents house, I investigated how to update that with dated android, and watched nothing :smiley:

Well I hate to say it, but there is a reason its hard to find anything like my anime list for tv shows. Its because its not really necessary.

Most TV shows suck. Anime works because the budgets needed to put together an anime are far less than what a TV show costs, so anime studios are allowed to take more risks and be a bit more creative.

TV (at least american TV) is all run by the same shmucks in hollywood who don’t green light stuff unless there is a very good chance that they will be able to take at least a 50% profit.

As a result, there is usually 1 or 2 good anime to watch per season. But there are really only 1 or 2 good tv series to watch per 2-3 years?

I can count on my fingers the number of TV shows I would tell you to go watch. If you put a gun to my head I seriously doubt I could come up with 20. You simply don’t need a website for TV shows.

Sadly, I think most of the good shows are now on netflix or amazon.

Letterboxd. Thank me later :slight_smile:

Edit: It may not have suggestions on what to watch next, it may have but I don’t extensively use it. As for suggesting what to watch next, a google search is as powerful as any tool.