My thoughts on the WII U

My friend is seriously considering a WII U. After some deliberation and thought, I see the WII U as a really strong console. IMO the PS4 and Xbox One have failed miserably at delivering the cutting edge graphics, that console-gamers have usually felt they were getting. It seems like the PS4 and Xbox One are the same old, boring consoles, these two companies really failed to capture the imagination of the gaming audience.. On the contrary, Nintendo's system is the same old, fun console, but improved. The games they are offering are classic Nintendo. And even though they are somewhat predictable, they are still a blast to play with friends. Also my friend was explaining how up to 8 players can connect locally (not through LAN, through the use of a single WII U console). 

P.S. I don't work for Nintendo, just my opinions feel free to chime in, rant, etc. 

Also up for discussion is Black Friday Deals, It seems like Best Buy is offering the best bundle for a WII U

Theres a reason that some call it the pc Nintendo master race.  That beimg said i love to have my wii around for when my friends come because games like mariokart never fail to provide hours of fun.

Nintendo consoles are the consoles of the master race, you'd be hard pressed to find someone that would call you a peasant for owning a Wii U or a 3DS

I own a Wii U, and it's kinda like the Gamecube in a way, heavily underrated, but will be remembered as an awesome console with tons of great games, it has a bunch of games in 1080p at 60FPS which is great and when I want to relax with friends and have a night of poker and Mario Kart with some beer, nothing beats it.

we love our wii u play it all the time did have an issue with the game pad dropping signal with the unit. Had it swapped out under warranty (looking online found this to be what lots of people have experienced). Other then that its a great system and the games are much fun any game I would want to play on ps or xbox Ill get for the pc if the port is good other wise they get none of my money cough cough ubisoft

Sorry to busy to comment thoroughly as I'm busy playing Bayonetta 2 :P

yup the only console worth a damn this gen.

Nothing wrong with a WII IU it is the only console that still retains the benefits of a console. PS4 and Xbone are just shitty PCs.

Plus this: 

Console Consoling

Course, that comic doesn't have anything on the NES comic: xkcd.com/218

NES

any cyber week deals on the wii u?

If that didn't work we also try UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A

Konami =D

I love my Wii u, nothing more to it. I love it. 

If you're looking for good games,

• Super Smash Brothers for wii u
  • Monster hunter 3 Ultimate 
  • Super mario 3d world  (in my opnion the second best mario game ever, right after the original super paper mario for the n64)
  • Mario kart 9 (i prefer the mariokart wii, because this isn't too challenging in what comes to getting the characters, but if you can gather up a couple of friends you'll have a blast, while slowly obliterating your friendship)
  • Last but not least, the legend of zelda wind waker hd ( not forgetting the upcoming open world zelda )

Over all it's a good console, I'd go as far as saying it's the best console around in the market

9/10 would buy again

When I'm not being a member of the PC master race and want to be a filthy casual, I do so with my Wii U. I wanted a console for my living room and having a gaming PC made xbone & PS4 seem useless, so I opted for the Wii U since it has the vWii and I didn't ever have a wii before. Also between the Wii U, virtual console, vwii, and vwii virtual console I can play damn near any Nintendo game I want. Adding homebrew to the vwii only expands those possibilities.

I have a Wii U and PS4. I am currently trying desperately to sell my ps4, but would not dream of ever parting with the Wii U. But I do have every console Nintendo ever made (stateside) in my livingroom :) But then again I also have a ps1,2,3,4... but I cant find much use for the 4. The other ones can prove their worth at times.

There is literally nothing more fun and alcohol and mario kart. Nintendo has a magical way of bringing people together, and their games, no matter how many hours are sunk into them, continue to be fun. They really get it when it comes to a proper console experience.