My Tech Cave

Hey there.

I decided to create this thread as some sort of log for my builds. I recently created a thread on me wanting to run my first homeserver:

However, some things have changed since. Things that allow me to push things a bit further.

I got a tech debt with myself. This is the first time in my 35 years of life, I’m able to build myself high end stuff, I always been a tech enthusiast and I want to build myself the best techcave I can (Yeah, I also got the room and her authorization)

My plan is to build myself a True NAS server, a VM server, my gaming/linux beast and finally and editing(photo and light video)/dedicated streaming pc.

Things I currently own:

• Fractal Meshify 2 XL
  • Fractal Torrent Black RGB
  • Corsair 4000X
  • ASRock Livemixer B650
  • ASRock Livemixer Z790
  • 6x Solidigm p44 2TB
  • EVGA 1660Ti
  • Old FX 8350 system (I put this just for the laughs, I know its useless now)

Both Mobos and drives I got great deals, i believe around $60 savings on each of the items.
The Meshify I bought for a great price when I decided i wanted to build the NAS server. The torrent I got last week also for a good price.

“Buids”:

• The gaming/linux will be on the AMD platform with the torrent.
  • The streaming/ will go with the Intel platform and the 4000x
  • The meshify will obviously be for my NAS server.
  • The EVGA will probably end a the GPU for mi VMs.

However, with all of this things ahead, I got tons of questions that I’d like to ask as I move forward with my builds.

I will be updating this thread regularly based on answers I get from the community in other posts so it also reflects the process on hardware choices.

I will also be posting pics as I get new stuff, and those I already have (I will fake surprise!). Happy to answer any questions anyone have or things anyone wants me to check as I move forward. In many ways I’m starting this path so I might need some guidance to check certain things.

Thanks y’all

3 Likes