My plans to downsize: Help Me Figure This Out?

What I’m also doing. I just mean like, my desktop is good for a normal user, just not for me. It causes issues for me and its driving me nuts. I posted a price list above of parts to a total, so if you know if that price should go down let me know. Theres other stuff taht I roughly know the price of, and other stuff I have no clue about.

1 Like

Don’t worry too much about the price mate, get some cash for it, put it towards something useful(apartment/education/loan) and be happy.

1 Like

Eh, I just want a new work laptop, get rid of everything I’ll never use, move out in august or september. Thats it.

I guess we’ll chat later I have to go to work.

2 Likes

Any of the Optiplex SX270 have the FDD?

No, but they have CD Drives.

Your expected prices on all of those components are wildly optimistic, check ebay for more realistic numbers. $250 for the R7-370 is particularly silly, as there are dozens on eBay at <$100 and zero bids. And that’s your most attractive item by far.

Most of that stuff is unlikely to sell at all. Who’s going to buy used case fans, or a used 160GB or 500GB magnetic drive? How could that stuff be worth the cost of shipping it?

Also it’s morally dubious to sell a CPU that’s defective and crashes every day.

As to whether you should bother to sell any of that crap or just donate/trash it, that depends on your situation. If you’re making plenty of money and spending hours of your time to make a couple bucks isn’t worth it to you, then don’t.

1 Like