My pc randomly freezes

hi, i have recently built a new gaming PC but i have encountered a few problems whenever i play games such as Dayz, Minecraft or far cry 3 my computer freezes but for each game it freezes differently for example in Dayz my computer only freezes whenever i put the 3D resolution all the way up or just past half way also it freezes when i record with Fraps, and then there is Minecraft this game runs perfectly when Im not recording i get around 150 fps and it works fine but when i record i get around 60 to 80 fps and after about 2 to 5 minutes the PC will freeze and requires a full reboot, and finally there is far cry this game seems to operate the worst it freezes no matter what i do sometimes it does in the loading screens and then other times i can play about 5 to 20 minutes until it freezes.

I would really appreciate it if someone would suggest a solution to the problem.

my rig.

Asus X79 Sabertooth motherboard
TW 750 corsair PSU
Asus GTX 660 ti GPU
Corsair vengeance 32gb ddr3 1866mhz ram
H100 water CPU cooler
1Tb western digital caviar black hard drive
Intel Core i7 3820 Quad Core CPU
Corsair 650d case

tell me if I've forgotten something.

I would suggest to stress test your PC with a program like prime 95 for ta LEAST 12 hours to see if either your ram or your CPU are faulty.

Other than that, I dont quite know, unless your CPU is overclocked in which case that would be your problem.

I had a similar problem, might want to try using a different sata cable. @hiyayhi, if the CPU is overclocked then he would get a BSOD from an unstable clock, not a screen freeze. I had that happen in a few games. Back on topic: If a different sata cable does not work. Then try running a virus scan on your rig, viruses often freeze up the system. Another thing to try is updating all your drivers to see if that will stop the freezing

ive tried another sata cable and a virus scan too :( i have tried updating them but they are all up to date

Might not help but do a temp scan on everything, CPU, GPU, If they're above 90C that might be it.

Is anything overclocked?