My most expensive mouse ever (3DConnexion)

Hi all,

Just thought I’d share.

I mainly do CAD drawing stuff day to day and was always interested in this mouse, but the price along with mixed reviews put me off. Well, I had some spare money recently (shock) and thought I’d go for it - it does help that I’m self-employed so I can claim it as a business expense.

I made a very amateur video comparing it with my Logitech G402 that I’ve used for several years now. I mainly did the video for anyone else wondering whether they should get one. I’ve used it for a few days now and I’m still getting used to it, but it’s much easier than when I first tried it.

2 Likes

I use both a MX Master 3 (at my home office)and a CadMouse Pro Wireless (at the work office) and both are so damn fantastic mice, hope you enjoy!!

That’s interesting to hear, thanks! I’d be interested to know which you prefer, I did think about the MX Master 3, looks good!

I personally do prefer the MX master 3 due to things such as MX Flow where i can just press a button at the bottom of the mouse and have it automatically seamlessly connect between my Laptop, Mac and Workstation whats a life saver for me, and just prefer the feeling of the MxM due to having smaller hands

1 Like

Ah, interesting stuff, thanks. I don’t find myself having to transfer to many machines, but if I did, that MX Flow features sounds pretty sweet.

I have a CadMouse sitting in a drawer, in its box.
While it is the perfect size for my hand, the software is horrible and the cable may aswell be coat hanger wire.

My G503 will need replacement soon though.

1 Like

Funny that. Wife’s grip is larger due to long fingers, but she’s only 5’3" and was complaint about her wrist rubbing the desk top using the mx 3

When we talked about it, I noticed she keeps her wrist totally still and lax; she use to use a vertical mouse, so I suspect it’s just her unlearning habits

What an interesting perspective you have there, I haven’t had any issue with the S/W, though it’s a bit strange that you have to have the app open in the background that you wish to change the config for.

So far the coat hanger cable hasn’t bothered me, so far!

1 Like

That is exactly the point that bothered me. I set up the side-buttons and then clicked into a different program just for the buttons not to work.

1 Like

Yeah that is frustrating isn’t it. I soon figured it out though and now have the buttons doing what I need. The Logitech version was easier I thought.

1 Like

Ah, im 5’6 and small ass hands lol, but i do prefer my MX 3 more than the cadmouse i use at the office for work, personally could never get into using vertical mouses

I used to use steelseries sensei raw as my main mouse, but eventually I decided to get something different specifically for SW. I didn’t get a cad mouse, but something even more exotic - Elecom Deft Pro:

I had to import it from Japan, and the stock ruby bearings suck(I’ve switched those out for ceramic ones), but I’m very glad that I’ve bought it. Having three connection modes is great(you can connect it with micro usb, use the bluetooth connection, or use the included rf transceiver).
As with any trackball, I have to clean it from time to time, but it provides me with really nice tactile precision and extra buttons which are both nice for SW.
It serves me really well!

I know that some engineers swear by spacemouse, but 3dmouse seems not much different than a normal mouse, nevertheless I hope that it’ll serve you well!

2 Likes

I got the CAD mouse bundled with the SpaceMouse Enterprise a few years ago, I found the mouse ok but nothing special and the software isn’t great.

Whereas I find the SpaceMouse amazing, really struggle to do any modeling or CAM programming without it now.
spacemouse-enterprise_gallery_thumb_01

1 Like

Ah, I have a friend with one of those, they had some wrist related issue and so made the switch and never looked back.

A little update on the 3DConnexion, it may have been bad timing but I’ve had to revert back to my old mouse. It was too much of a transition to make during a busy time. Hey ho!

Interesting stuff, yes I’ve got the little spacemouse thingy too. It’s really handy for 3D work, unfortunately I don’t do enough 3D work to keep it on the desk 24 hours a day, but that might change if 3D work increases.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.