My first build

Hey guys so today im getting my final parts for my first build. Im building this for my parents cuz thier computer is over 8 years old i think? So yeah a big upgrade for them. Im sure i messed up in some areas, for instance i took of two stickers of the GPU, the one that are on the back, also i folllowed Artic silvers instructions on how to aply thermal paste (vertical line method) and than two weeks latter i watch the new video that logan put up on how to apply thermal paste and relize i should of done the pea method.Also my sister touched the back of the motherboard where the cpu sits, she touched those little bumps (idk what they are called) so im not sure if the did anything, also i had two pins from the system panel header bend somehow, i dont even know how that happened but i straigned them out and hope that everything will be fine.

Here are the specs:

MOBO- Asrock z77 extreme4

GPU- EVGA GTX550 ti

CPU- Intel i5 3570k

CPU Coller- Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo

PSU- Corsair TX650 

HDD- Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB

SSD- ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3-64GM-C

RAM- CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Optical Drive- ASUS 24X DVD Burner

Case- Corsair 300r

I know there are other parts that are faster and cheaper than the parts i choose but it would take for ever to make up my mind if i asked the internet cuz everyone has thier own opinions.

ill upload some pics latter to show how i did on my cabaling.

Don't sweat the mobo touch it really doesn't matter if you aren't touching it a ton but it's a good rule to try and follow. Also the TIM application isn't the end of the world unless you're really trying to OC and get good temp, as long as your temps are fine you can let it go.

Wouldn't worry about the bent pin either, as long as it didn't come off entirely you're probably fine.

Now the stickers, did any of them say "Warranty void if removed? cause if none of them did it shouldn't really be an issue. Most likely it wouldn't have been an issue either way, but it's nice to know you didn't void your warranty the first day at least.

Umm i dont remember if they did, ill look though the manual? maybe it will tell me there.

Well i booted it up today with no problem, only thing left is i have to buy a dvi cable and reinstal the video card. I dont think it will be a problem. But so far every thing looks good, no hardware issues or anything like that.

Thread moved to Other Hardware