My experiences with Linux thus far

Lol you kids with your newfangled technology.
All your my books and face spaces and them there chirps... Lol but seriously though that is pretty badass.

Go to your KDE settings... Or desktop configuration... Settings etc.. Hit workspace theme.. Find the white one

Dude, KDE? Man, you clicked the wrong checkbox on that one.

No I'm not talking about the colour but the layout. KDE on Suse looks different to KDE on Neon for some reason.

1 Like

Always fun to read about someone's first forays into Linux, especially when they've got a good attitude about it. Makes me nostalgic about my early days.

I can't really help with the Discord or Steam issues, as I don't really use either.

I'm confused about "Figure out a way to watch twitch." That always worked out of the box for me.

Printer config will be largely driver dependant. There's a pretty simple printer configuration app in the KDE system settings, and I'm pretty sure there's a very similar YaST module as well. Easy if there's a ready-made driver. Otherwise it comes down to google, trying drivers for similar printers and generic postscript, then finally buying a new printer lol.

One thing I really like about OpenSuse is that it makes installing utilities for KVM virtualization dead easy through YaST. Figuring how they work can be another issue, if you happen to be starting from nothing or just virtualbox. No more complicated than installing or partitioning, at least unless/until you try to get pci passthrough to work.

@rdaniels have been able to get everything working again I think I will have to buy a second graphics card to get kvm to work.

Good to hear you got everything working.

You may not need that 2nd graphics card for KVM, depending on what your setup and what you want the VM(s) for.

If you want to do something graphically intensive, presumably gaming, and you don't have an integrated GPU, then you'll need a 2nd graphics card.

Otherwise you probably won't. If you have integrated graphics you ran run linux off that and pass through the discrete card. If you're using the VMs for lab work or server-type stuff you don't even need to pass through graphics, just use a remote connection like VNC or SSH.

Hmm make a thread about it.. put a picture in and we might be able to start debugging. This is not the thread for it hahaha