My Brand spanking new Ryzen Build, now what else do I need?

BEHOLD! Isn’t she pretty? Excuse me, It’s just that I haven’t received a gift like this before.

Alright, so this is my new Ryzen Rig (The specs are as follows)

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
Cooler: H100i v2
Mobo: X370 Taichi
RAM: HyperX Fury 32gb 2666MHz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
SSD: 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB, 850 EVO 120GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB, WD Gold 4TB
PSU: Cooler Master V550
Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass

So what else do I need? what programs do you think a new system should have? And any must-have extensions for Mozilla or Chrome?

Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

20180313_201812

4 Likes

What else do you need?

I’d argue you need some tissues.

If you haven’t already, make sure you’ve got positive airflow and you’re running all your intake fans through a filter. That will make cleaning the case so much easier. I only say that because from that second picture, it looks like you’ve got two intake fans going through a radiator and three exhaust fans with no resistance. This will cause negative air pressure and will suck air (and dust) in through the cracks in the case.

A stable overclock. That 1700 should hit 3.8 or 3.9GHz at 1.325v or less with the H100i v2. (I’ve got the same on my skylake rig, it’s noice)

Extensions for chrome/mozilla: I pretty much just use Reddit Enhancement, my password manager (bitwarden) and Ublock.

1 Like

Just two must haves for now: Vivaldi and uBlockOrigin

2 Likes

Eh, something about vivaldi just rubs me the wrong way.

Now that you mentioned it, I do see dust particles in the cracks. Thanks for the input I’ll remove one of the exhaust fans.

I was also thinking of getting into overclocking this, thanks for the info.

@Automobili3XF Got ublock covered.

1 Like

You could also reverse one of the top fans. Might make for some odd-shaped flow, but it’s better than having tons of dust.

Since you’re on Windows, you have access to Ryzen Master, which makes it extremely easy. I had to do it in BIOS because I don’t run windows, but Ryzen is one of those systems where 90% of chips will hit the same wall. Super easy to follow an overclocking guide.

1 Like

That could work too. I do have a filter at the top so filtering those dust shouldn’t be a problem.
And I’ll definitely check Ryzen Master out. Thanks for the good tips

1 Like

major%20asshole
Glad I can halp!

2 Likes

Windex and a sign that says, “Do not touch the glass”, “Danger High Voltage”.

2 Likes

I love the thing, it spoiled me out of every other browser…

I agree with this, but I will note that I had better results in BIOS given the ability to set LLC, among other things. Once you find a stable OC, might as well jump into the basement and set it manually.

1700X at 3.95GHz 1.375v LLC4 (second highest on an Asus board).