Return to

My Brand spanking new Ryzen Build, now what else do I need?

BEHOLD! Isn’t she pretty? Excuse me, It’s just that I haven’t received a gift like this before.

Alright, so this is my new Ryzen Rig (The specs are as follows)

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
Cooler: H100i v2
Mobo: X370 Taichi
RAM: HyperX Fury 32gb 2666MHz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
SSD: 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB, 850 EVO 120GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB, WD Gold 4TB
PSU: Cooler Master V550
Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass

So what else do I need? what programs do you think a new system should have? And any must-have extensions for Mozilla or Chrome?

Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

What else do you need?

I’d argue you need some tissues.

If you haven’t already, make sure you’ve got positive airflow and you’re running all your intake fans through a filter. That will make cleaning the case so much easier. I only say that because from that second picture, it looks like you’ve got two intake fans going through a radiator and three exhaust fans with no resistance. This will cause negative air pressure and will suck air (and dust) in through the cracks in the case.

A stable overclock. That 1700 should hit 3.8 or 3.9GHz at 1.325v or less with the H100i v2. (I’ve got the same on my skylake rig, it’s noice)

Extensions for chrome/mozilla: I pretty much just use Reddit Enhancement, my password manager (bitwarden) and Ublock.

Just two must haves for now: Vivaldi and uBlockOrigin

Eh, something about vivaldi just rubs me the wrong way.

Now that you mentioned it, I do see dust particles in the cracks. Thanks for the input I’ll remove one of the exhaust fans.

I was also thinking of getting into overclocking this, thanks for the info.

@Chevy_Monsenhor Got ublock covered.

You could also reverse one of the top fans. Might make for some odd-shaped flow, but it’s better than having tons of dust.

Since you’re on Windows, you have access to Ryzen Master, which makes it extremely easy. I had to do it in BIOS because I don’t run windows, but Ryzen is one of those systems where 90% of chips will hit the same wall. Super easy to follow an overclocking guide.

That could work too. I do have a filter at the top so filtering those dust shouldn’t be a problem.
And I’ll definitely check Ryzen Master out. Thanks for the good tips

Glad I can halp!

Windex and a sign that says, “Do not touch the glass”, “Danger High Voltage”.

I love the thing, it spoiled me out of every other browser…