My Asus WRX90 Sage Threadripper 7000 Experience so far

3 Likes

Hopefully youtube gets that quality up asap…

Anyway the major issues are …

A.Ram Recommendation for this board, Preferabliy a kit 256gb or 512gb.

B. Nvidia A4000 driver conflicts messing with display in Music software/Daw.

C. Whea erros with sonnet echo express se iiie enclosure .

1 Like

That monitor setup is the coolest thing I’ve seen in awhile. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like
  1. Damn nice setup you got there!

2. Nice Headphones!

a) Nvidia card naming is DUMB
b) Testing with my Quadro RTX 4000 and some driver versions
c ) will ask a friend who runs some strange Nvidia combo if he has stability issues

1 Like

@MazeFrame
So true. Nvidia’s naming is pretty wild.

Thanks for testing and reaching out on it. Yeah its such a strange issue and its a niche issue too. Its just bad enough for me to not use this card if i can’t resolve it.

The thrreadripper 7975 just showed up. Ram should bre here soon then i can start her back up and tackle this 0d crap.

1 Like

Ok so it is looking like the issues with restarting are still here. It has done it twice so far but this time there is no 0d …at least for the last 2 restarts. Its just restarting…so im going to try messing with cpu mount pressure now…

Just for experiments disable usb4?

1 Like

0d has returned and i can try that. Right now i am experimenting still with reseating the cpu. I know you said it once but i cant find the thread…what was your recommendatino for how to seat the processor in the motherboard ?

Make sure the 4 scews on the socket itself are snug but dont tighten them. 3 of mine were loose to the touch.

For the socket in case of issues i cleared up some weird memory training by loosening by half a turn 3 2 1 and thentightening half a turn 3 2 1 (wrong tighten order) and knock on wood thsts been 100% stsble. I really bottomed out the torque wrench though.

2 Likes

Bottomed out meaing leting it click first then losening it half a turn ?

Turn until click then snug

1 Like

I am not sure what to do.

I am still getting the restarts. I have reseated the CPU several times. tomorrow, I have an electrician coming over to run new lines to my room and totally replace our power box which is very deficient and old. Hopefully all of that goes well. I’m not sure that it will resolve any of the computer issues that I’m having to be quite honest. I have no idea what’s going on but if there’s an external factor relating to electricity, hopefully that will be resolved tomorrow.

i’ve literally replaced every component in the computer. Makes no sense.

My sister and her husband had these issues with there system. It would just cause the video card to reset hard so much they needed to install the drivers a few times to get it to work. There system was in the same room together and bad power was what was happening.

A temporary fix was a new power bar for the both of them and a decent one at that. It fixed the issue till someone was able to come in and fix the electrical issues.

These issues only popped up because the increased demand on the old lines with the new system(video card) which needs more power.

I know you have a slightly different issue but it maybe along those lines with power

3 Likes

as a quick comment. maybe not relevant but sticking it here in case anyone else sees it. If you have ever had geforce installed you may want to uninstall PhysX. This was causing issues when I switched from m2000 to 3080 and then back again in a lenovo p620.

1 Like

the “quadro” drivers have a video edit mode option. Avid have a set of settings to change in the driver, by right clicking to get options. mixing pro and geforce always causes problems especially with ASIO devices

1 Like