Mutli-Tenancy on consumer GPUs XDC 2021 talk

Checkout this project presented in this year’s series of XDC talks for multi-tenancy. Can’t post links but :

2 Likes

I’ve added in the link, and bumped up your level so you should be able to post links now.

1 Like

My question is exactly how the Nvidia support works. Is this using vgpu-unlock (or a reimplementation), or something new? Or something not using GRID at all?

This is what I got from the dev :

vgpu_unlock is one of the tools we used for the demo however there is a much cleaner, simpler method to handle virtual function creation/bindings on Nvidia that we’re hoping we’ll have public support for shortly.

nvidia support should be getting pushed soon, and that point they should move to github soon. We’ll see when that comes, if that comes.

1 Like

OHHHHH, that sound wonderful. More workarrounds for the Nvidia vGPU lockouts would be awesome.

1 Like

I have not had time to listen through this yet, but this is a workaround for the Nvidia proprietary driver I assume? Not Nouveau?

What I got from an email with the dev is that yes there are proprietary Nvidia blobs in this solution.