Music to Read to?

You may have seen my last post about A Princess of Mars (probably not), but I've found myself listening to classical (Heinrich Biber's 'Partia I - VII', specifically), but I don't know if I like it too much. I may put on some Boards of Canada to see how that works.

What are you favorite albums/artists/genres to listen to while reading?

i personally listen to whatever fits the theme of the book best. For me, i really dont listen to one specific genre or artist.

Love this guy's stuff. Put it on with the volume slightly lowered.

2 Likes

@bob345 That would be an interesting way to go about it, though I don't quite know what genre would hold to a novel about a guy accidentally going to Mars shortly after the Civil War.

Though I went into conspiracy theory mode and I think John Carter is just tripping major balls, we'll see.

@Zavarrr Holy. Cow. This is really fantastic, I think you may have found something appropriate for this book before I even knew that's what I was looking for.

2 Likes

There is only one correct answer: Slough Feg

@MilkshakeBarrage I'm not sure how conducive space-themed power metal is to reading, but I'm loving the track regardless.

If it fits the theme, it is conducive.

But to get back on topic,
i usually read to some electro lounge with Middle Eastern influence. Or i just load up the Homeworld 2 soundtrack which brought me into this kind of music in the first place. There's a Middle Eastern Beats with various artists somewhere, a 700mb version that has "Beauty and the East" unlike the 400mb dead torrents to make the Google search easier. From there you can trickle through the artists and find awesome shizz.
Like this

post-rock works great for me while reading.. but I think everything instrumental is viable as long as it's not too hectic. Thinking about it.. I actually prefer electronic stuff when I have to read for longer periods of time. Stuff like Emancipator, Little People, Yppah etc. are great for that kinda stuff..