MSI Z87-G45 Problem

I just finished putting together my friends first real rig and I've run into a problem..

When booting, all of the fans and the LED's in "sound card" thing on the mobo all work, but no signal is detected on any of the video sources.

This is the case when i have the RAM (G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600) in DIMM slots 2+4 (recommended on the mobo and manual).

When I have 1 stick in slot 2, everything works just fine.  There is nothing overclocked yet, and only a few drivers have been installed.  The bios on this board is absurd, but I'm thinking that the RAM may not be getting enough voltage or the mobo is defective.  Both sticks of RAM work when put in slot 2, so I don't think there is an issue with them.

Thanks for any advice!

are you sure you don't have a short? If you remove the essentials from the case (ram,cpu,heatsink+fan,MB,psu) with both ram dimms installed in the right slots does it post?

still doesn't post, but i found that putting them in slots 1+2 will allow the system to boot and work with all 8 gigs of ram.  could the mobo and manual be wrong that the right dimm slots are 2+4 and not 1+2?

maybe not wrong, but should i worry about it further if putting them in 1+2 works?  is there a good way to check to make sure the frequency and everything is 100% still in this config?

slot 1/3 and 2/4 is only recommended, cause that are the dual channel configs. try slot 1/3 with those ram´s.

Maybe one of the ram sticks is dead. offcourse if one stick works in slot 2, then try the other one also in slot 2, just to determine, if the ram is dead. if both sticks work, then try slot 1/3 just to look if its booting then. if so, you probably have to rma, the board.