MSI to improve their bios interface, ... because the old one won't fit on rom

I was looking up on new bios for my x370 board, and I found this https://www.msi.com/page/mb-beta-bios

I haven’t flashed the new bios but the new interface looks much cleaner, and easier to navigate. hopefully it will be less buggy as well, the old one fails to load/render very frequently.

All because otherwise the bios won’t fit! LUL

Happy 1700 user.

3 Likes

I remember the AMD subreddit talking about that a few months ago. But back then, it was just a rumor about boards not being able to fit new BIOS’ to support the 3000 series chips.

1 Like

That ASUS easily more confusing front page probs goes away now

1 Like

I hope they get enough good feedbacks to make them stop using those awful designs. perhaps putting a stop to the current trend, even.

BTW, Asrock have ditched all animations and what not… Remember the BIOS screen from the early 2000s? Yeah, Asrock kept all features, but removed all fancy animations and what not.

Ok. This is offically the best bios update ever.

this is the bios setting for fan curves, It is epic. the old one you have to use mouse to drag dots around, and the cursor will be away from where it’s clicking, mouse will get stuck, when there is any other animation the mouse can’t move, it’s garbage.

It can also do 3200mhz on my 32gb(16x2) ram that’s marketed for intel. which it wasn’t able to do before even when I tweak manual timming. EPIC!

one notable hiccup, I had to remove my *card-database.tdb and stuff in my ~/.config/pulse/ folder, it seems that something on PCI-e changed so it wasn’t able to restore the cards.