MSI mobo,13900k with der8bauer's cpu frame question

Here’s a question that maybe someone can answer.

Today arrived my MSI z790 carbon (latest bios) and other things for my big upgrade. I wanted to install the CPU frame solution from der8bauer.

Since this is “all new” (and untested), I started with the stock ILM just to see if it’s working at all. And, as all small things, you usually don’t test those small things which you don’t expect.

In my case, here’s the thing - I had installed a 2.4Ghz mouse (Roccat) and a 2.4GHz keyboard (Corsair) into the 2nd and 3rd top USB 3.0 slots. I did manage to enter bios by pressing DEL, so I assume the KB seems to be working. But when I entered BIOS, and the keyboard stopped responding (but the mouse works… and the bios works).

So now I’m sitting a bit paranoid (haven’t yet started building the thing) and trying to understand what was that about:

1. Is this a problem with the needed pressure for the CPU frame? I did have a “Stuck on RAM initialization” the first time I installed the frame. Solved it by doing a 1/4 rotation of the frame.
  2. Was it present before I installed the frame? I did verify that connecting the kb with wired (but I used a different port, closer to the side of the mouse dongle… making it 3rd and 4th port… when the kb dongle was in the 2nd) works well. And yes, I DID forget to see if this happened before I installed the frame.
  3. Or is it just because I stacked TWO 2.4Ghz right next to each other?

The problem with “you can always tighten/loosen it if you see trouble” is with the fact that this is a custom waterloop. And this leaves less maneuver to test things out before the full thing is built (with the parts of my current waterloop). I am thinking of testing it somehow before starting the “putting the loop together” part, but its a bit risky(I had to resort to holding my old noctua d14 ontop of the cpu during these initial tests).

Maybe this question would better sound like - what are the symptoms of a bad cpu connection to the frame?