MSI GTX 770 Gaming (2GB) vs. EVGA GeForce GTX 770 (2GB)

Hey Guys,

What GPU would you buy, and why?

MSI GTX 770 Gaming (2GB)

or

EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked ACX Cooler

Greetings gLockwoRk_

I would go the Acx one. Because in the specs the Acx has better core clock, boost clock and it seams to have faster Gflops. But im pretty sure you can get all the same with a little overclocking on the msi. Its up to you where to spend your money.

Thanks mcwopppersnaggy!

Anyone who got a other opinion or experience?

I have the EVGA card, and it's a nice card to be sure. I'm not sure if this applies to purchases in Germany, but in the U.S. the EVGA card comes with a free backplate if you register it. That and I think the ACX cooler looks better than the MSI cooler. There is just too much going on with that cooler for my tastes. Ofcourse taste is very subjective.

EVGA has some of the best customer service on the market.

Thanks guys!

tbh, that visual looking, is something I don't care about. My computer is under my desk for his whole lifetime, and it's closed. For me, it's important that the software is working good and that the card is stable. Some of my mates talked about that MSI has a bit problem with "Dead of arrival". Any thoughts about that? If this happens, overall it's no problem to send it back and get a new one. 

The benchmarks are still pretty similar between these both cards. +- 1%. And for me the MSI Card is around 40 Euros cheaper. 

But anyways, thanks for your shares, hope to read some other opinions aswell.

Greetings.

If you're willing to spend an exgtra $50 you can but the MSI GTX 770 Lightning Edition. I just ordered mine and it's arriving today. You get great overclockability and a higher base/boost clock. It's a bit expensive but the performance doesn't lie. It's upto you but I would reccomend the Lightning 770.