MSI GF65 Thin temperatures

Thanks for accepting me, hello everyone. I got an MSI GF65 Thin laptop (i7-9750h + RTX 2060, 16gb RAM DDR4, 500m2 and 144hz screen, paid 1199 €). I state that I have not considered a desktop build because I am always away from home for work and I need maximum portability. By Tuesday I have to decide whether to keep it or not. What mainly worries me are the temperatures, the games I’ve tried so far (Doom Eternal and The Witcher 3 with hd texture pack) run smoothly. The problem exists in the fact that in the area above the keyboard the laptop gets pretty warm and according to HWINFO without undervolt I was traveling up to 98 ° under benchmark stress or in the most demanding sessions. I read that undervolt is practically mandatory in laptops with desktop CPUs, so I equipped myself with Throttlestop and played with the values, until I found a balance between not significantly castrating performance and lowering temperatures. At the moment Doom Etermal revolves around 80 ° and down (an average of 76/77 °) and from 120fps to 140fps (I put the graphics the maximum that the VRAM allowed). Considering that I would like to use it at least 5 years (you can increase the ram and I can add an m2 ssd) do you say that I have to worry about the temperatures and the relative wear of the components? Because I read that in the same price range also HP Omen and Asus ROG have more or less all the same problems as Thermal, because the internal space is obviously small. MSI service told me that the components are designed to withstand these temperatures and defend themselves in case of Thermal, they also told me I can change the thermal paste for a more performing one at my expense without voiding the warranty, but a technician told me that it is not worth it because the temperatures would improve very little. Sorry for the papyrus but for me 1119 € is not a little, and I would like to know your opinion if I should keep it or not.

PS: I already use Klim Cyclone cooling stand.

That is modern laptops for you.
There is a reason why capacitors rated at 105°C exist.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.