MSI GD65 or Maximus Hero?

So I am looking for a motherboard for my new build and I was wondering which one to go for. I like the look of both of them since they go with my black and red colour scheme board wise can anybody run down the advantages and disadvantages of both boards its becoming a hard decision for me

Thanks -Coombzy

So basically these boards are pretty even, and the only things that they have different apart from each other are small things. 

The Same:

• Both LGA 1150
  • DDR3 with 2800 being the max Mhz
  • Dual Channel Memory Support
  • SATA 6
  • Turbo Boost Tech.
  • PCIe 3.0
  • Z87 Chipset
  • Gigabit Ethernet 
  • On Board Graphics
  • Support for Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
  • Support for Nvidia SLI or AMD Crossfire
  • PCI-Ex1
  • RAID 0,1,5,10
  • Etc.

Maximus Hero:

• ASMedia ASM1061 controller
  • SupremeFX Audio/ Audio Shielding
  • Extreme Engine Digi+ III
  • UEFI BIOS features : - ROG BIOS Print - GPU.DIMM Post - Tweakers' Paradise  - ROG SSD Secure Erase
  • ROG RamDisk
  • GamerFirst II
  • Extreme Tweaker
  • ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 4 with 4-Way Optimization : - The tuning key perfectly consolidates ASUS-exclusive DIGI+ Power Control, TPU, EPU, and Fan Xpert 2 optimize the digital power setting, system performance, power saving and whole system cooling configuration
  • Overclocking Protection: - ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)

MSI Z87-GD65 :

• Audio Boost 
  • ASMedia ASM1061 controller
  • mSATA port
  • Killer E2205 Gigabit LAN controller
  • OC Genie 4
  • Click BIOS 4
  • Gaming Device Port
  • Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0
  • Super Charger ( port to charge your mobile device/ tablet faster )

Honestly I can't think of a disadvantage for each board. Both are very good boards and will fulfill their purpose properly. In my opinion I would go with the Maximus Hero (if price isn't a factor) but if you want a little bit more money left over to spend on an other piece of hardware you should with the GD65. 

Remember this is my opinion ultimately the choice is yours so do a little bit of more research on each motherboard to see which one has the features you are looking for.

Here's a link to the same question asked over at Tom's Hardware Furom ( The responses are good as well ) :http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1808684/asus-hero-msi-gd65.html

Hope This Helped and Goodluck :)

I would say what ever one is cheaper as they are similar but if money is not a problem I would lean towards the Asus

Its within £15 of each other on Amazon.co.uk so you think the jump is justifiable?

both boards are great, and in therms of feutures  a bit even, only the asus has an 8+2 powerphase and digi vrm´s the Msi has 12  powerphase design and digi vrm´s. But that does not say that much. Both boards are very decent, i personaly like the looks of the msi more.and the audio boost is a nice feuture if you use a headset.

I would like to add that with an ASUS board, it has the ability to flash the BIOS even if there is no CPU or won't turn on. Therefore, it's near impossible to brick your motherboard.