MSI caught scalping 3000 series GPUs

The pile of shit on MSI keeps stacking higher, This response was so fucking immediate i think that also lends to the “this was on purpose” conclusion, they already had this contingency in place.

2 Likes

That’s not a reason to buy them.

Doesn’t matter if they knew, the fact is this happened. Same thing with them trying to buy reviews. Doesn’t matter if they knew. It happened under their watch.

So yeah, I’m not buying them because they have internal problems that are negatively effecting their public image and customer experience. Until that changes significantly, I’m not buying again.

2 Likes

Which I don’t buy. At all.

Management can fuck up. Which will then cause one PR problem.
However you don’t accidentally bribe reviewers and accidentally scalp products.

If MSi is not almost dead, they are on the downward spiral. Remeber when their CEO fell of a roof of one of their buildings earlier this year?

2 Likes

I think they’re are still in the top 3 by volume.
But once the tech tubers turn on you, you are fucked.

2 Likes

I think the scandal thing here is a bit hyperbolic. So some insider, who gained access to inventory, tried to quietly profit off of consumerism and got caught… So you won’t buy from that brand ever again? It’s a bit of a stretch.

It seems more like a bad apple type scenario.

Do we really think MSI at the top was profiting off of this?

1 Like

The big issue here is that this is just another thing to stack onto the pattern of bad behavior and shady things from MSI.

1 Like

Happy with my EVGA 1070. Hasn’t caught fire all these years and runs like a charm. Daughters are happy with their MSI 1050 Ti cards and 4th daughter still likes her old Sapphire and probably will for a long time. I’m in no rush. Admittedly, I’m starting to gravitate toward AMD material anyway.

1 Like