MSI 750ti GAMING OC dead

I own a 750ti, I used to use it for pci-passthrough for a windows vm, after almost 3 months of it being plugged into my pc, not doing anything, I found out that it’s braindead. The NVidia driver will bind to it, but it won’t show up in nvidia-smi, if it’s the only gpu in my system, i get no display, and nvflash cannot flash it or get the current BIOS from it. I tried the BIOS switch, that didn’t help. I got this error from nvflash when i tried to save the rom from the GPU, while it was successful with my 1060:

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.414.0)
Simplified Version For OEM Only
Adapter: GeForce GTX 750 Ti   (10DE,1380,0000,0000) H:--:NRM  S:00,B:09,D:00,F:00

Identifying EEPROM...
 Command complete with error, Error code = 0x0003
Command id: 0x0000002 Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_EID failed
Command Status: NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE
Error Code= 0x00000003: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_EID_RD_ERROR
  EEPROM ID process failed.

ERROR: Error: Display adapter's EEPROM ID process failed

Am i to assume it’s just a paperweight now or is there any chance of making it un-braindead?

Hi Magic,

I feel you bro since I also own 750ti oc maybe it is time to upgrade our GPU.

I found a solution here you might be interested at hand forum. com

Do you have another system to try the GPU in? have you tried different pcie slots?

Upgrading is sadly not an option, due to the pandemic and all, I myself am broke, and my have bigger things to worry about then my VM gpu

No I don’t have another system, and yes I did, when I tried to make it my primary GPU I put it in the same slot my 1060 is now

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.