Movie review thread

It seems like we don't have a thread of this kind here.
The idea behind this thread is to tell what you've been watching and in some sentences how you liked /disliked it and maybe offer some other movies that you feel are like the one you watched.

If you think it's necessary you can talk about spoilers but please put a warning before them and put them in [spoiler] text [*/spoiler] (without *). And for the members who visit the forum on mobile or have slow/capped internet please hide the images you add with the "Hide details" option (gear symbol).

Housebound ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3504048/?ref_=nv_sr_1 ) - mild horror

A young woman is forced to return to her childhood home after being
placed under house arrest where she suspects that something evil may be
lurking in the house.

The movie starts off with Kylie Bucknell trying to rob an ATM. While being able to get the money she gets caught by the police and sentenced to house arrest at her mother's house - the house in which she grew up in.

Obviously she's pretty pissed and bored: she's annoyed by her mother, has nobody to talk to and can't leave the house without breaking parole.

Her boredom suddenly stops when she starts hearing noises in the house. After telling her parole officer - Amos - about he has only one explanation for it: ghosts. At first she doesn't belive him but when she finds out that the house has a dark past she tries to investigate with Amos.

Pics

Summary
Summary
Summary

Trailer

The movie is very mild on the horror aspect. It's not on par with The Shining or Poltergeist, but it doesn't have to be (especially if you're not that into horror movies). The question what's going on in the house kept me watching. All in all it's a nice movie to watch, although horror fans might be disappointed.

Unfortunately, I usually avoid horror movies, so I can't give a recommendation in the style of "if you liked this, these might interest you too".

Tremors ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100814/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 ) - sci-fi/horror b-movie

Natives of a small isolated town defend themselves against strange underground creatures which are killing them one by one.

Val (Kevin Bacon) and Earl (Fred Ward) are sick of living in the small place called Perfection. But just as they are on their way to leave for Bixby, the nearest town, they discover one of Perfection's residents on an electrical tower - dead.

On their way back they discover another resident dead among his slaughtered sheep. Soon the residents are realising that they aren't dealing with a murderer but with an unknown worm species that's hunting them down - and it's smarter than they thought.

Pics

Summary
Summary
Summary

Trailer

If you love trashy movies you're gonna love this one. It's a simple, cheesy movie.

Movies that reminded me of it are Evolution, Gremlins, Arachnophobia, Arac Attack.