Move old games to new pc?

Wanted to ask if it's possible. I think you can't just take an hdd from an old pc and put it into a new one, and Windows easy transfer doesn't either. So what do I do? I have plenty of games not in steam as well. Very large library that manually reinstalling will be ages.

take old drive, put in new pc, drag files from old drive to new drive, toast how amazing you are while the files transfer

but i know from experience that some games don't work thru drag and drop, gta 4 for an example. The motherboards are different and stuff, so it's like pirating a license for a new pc as far as the game is concerned.

Well if you have them on steam you can just download them again shouldnt take too long. You can also create an image of your HD but thats too much effort for me and you prob have the same problems.

but i know from experience that some games don't work thru drag and drop, gta 4 for an example.

There's a specific way in which it needs to be done. Use Google. There are plenty of tutorials.

The motherboards are different and stuff, so it's like pirating a license for a new pc as far as the game is concerned.

That's not how games are credited to you. They are linked through your Steam (or Origin) account, not your hardware.