Mount AD SMB shares on user login

I’ve got a server running TrueNAS, and a server running openSUSE. I’ve got both hooked up for AD login. So I can login with $DOMAIN_USER on each one. I’ve got an SMB share that will make a new user folder every time a user logs in on the TrueNAS machine. I’d like that folder to get automatically mounted on openSUSE when they log in.

So ideally it’d work something like this:

login to openSUSE as domain_user. Mount truenas/share/$DOMAIN_USER in opensuse/home/$DOMAIN_USER/mnt

I’ve been Googling like crazy to find a solution (especially one using SSSD). I can’t seem to find one. I feel like this is way too simple of a thing to do. Does anyone know offhand how to do this? I’ve found plenty of stuff for auto

I only use Samba AD for one MS Windows system to be able to access the shares since everything else I have is GNU/Linux or *BSD.

So you can add a line to the user’s Bashrc or to taskel so this gets done when the user account is created to mount the directory. So something like

mount –t smbfs truenas:/share/$USER /home/$USER/mnt –o username=userid,<other smbmount options as needed>

That is the only way that I can think of offhand.