Motherboards with chipset-fans are dumb!

Add manufacturer logo after deal negotiations

2 Likes

Did we just become business partners?

lets sell the filthy casuals, who cant figure out how to fix anything themselves, fan upgrade kits.

2 Likes

I’m pretty disappointed that my H110 doesnt come with a chipset bracket…

sell upgrade codes at gamestop, put it into your bios and it unlocks faster fan speeds

Pfft, noob not even using an LN2 pot.

On actual contributions to the thread,I am kind of surprised that there is not a marketing ploy from one of the companies about hot swap fans or at least replaceable ones. It was briefly a thing on GPUs but they don’t suffer fan failure enough for it to be a successful thing.

1 Like

Don’t like the fans, buy a monoblock.

Maybe someone will design a motherboard like this again:

1 Like

Im more interested in running a 8c/16t 65w TDP CPU as part as a fast energy efficient ( minimal / ITX, DTX ) system. Adding upto 14w just to run my SSD at 4500MBPS vs 3500MBPS seems a bit much, especially given the $100+ price hike for the board and probable $100 price hike for the hot-sauce pcie4.0 nvme epeen badge of honor.

Most of these fans are standard fare. Same stuff that can be found on low-end GPUs from pretty much any time in the last 15-ish years. From my experience digging through bins and testing 200-400 cards a year it’s about 50/50 whether the fan locked up/became a screamer or runs fine and needs a drip of oil.

I don’t understand the massive backlash against the fans on X570 boards. ASUS, ASRock, EVGA and others have been sticking tiny little fans all over their top-spec boards for damn near a decade (TUF, OC Formula, everything nForce) and I don’t remember as much bitching about those as there has been about X570. Some of those boards were even more expensive, more premo than the vast majority of the X570 options and yet there wasn’t a crusade against them.

3 Likes

And having a case with less SATA cables is very nice :slight_smile:

Nah, just buy X470 or live with the fan.

Intel doesn’t have PCIe4.0 at all right now so…

There is m.2 sata

Yeah, aware of that, but if you’re going to buy m.2 you may as well get NVME to make use of the full potential of the slot. Unless you’re really cheap

Eh I would probably agree now, but that’s a relatively recent price parity. If your on a tight budget worth the savings probably still as every little bit adds up

I don’t think m.2 SATA vs NVME has a place here. At that point you aren’t looking at X570 anyway.

I had an nforce board … with a fan … which was terrible, died and took the board with it.
That is the reason for my backlash against it.

Yeah, I don’t know either. I mean GPUs are being replaced every now and again, so that might be less of an issue. But not having the option to replace a mechanical part on the core of a system is a mistake. That should be a thing. And I would have expected at least one company to do something like that.

2 Likes

The joke

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and his big pappa God

Outer Space

Inner Space

The stratosphere

Airplanes and shit

Birds

That annoying blimp that’s following you around town

City buildings

Your head

:grin:

Top of the morning, btw.

Sorry for your loss, but you’ve got a sample size of one. The vast majority did not have the fans go bad, and the boards usually died for reasons relating to nVidia’s god awful hardware bugs and not thermal limits.

Specific feature of EVGA’s boards in particular is the fans were replaceable and could be requested under warranty regardless of if the fan failed or not. You will sometimes find the boards in box with the replacement fan included. This lends to my previous statement, this stuff is mostly standard and getting a new one will likely be a quick request to the vendor, or a few minutes poking around eBay/Alibaba for the part.

1 Like

i am really cheap.

1 Like

you are a sim?

that’s not very nice.