Motherboard for dual 7950s and a sound card

Hey guys, just wondering about hich mobo to take here.

I'll be adding thensecond 7950 sometime later, as I save up throughout the year...

So what's a good, inexpensive setup to use here? The cpu is a FX8350.

Asus sabbertooth 990FX R2.0

Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0

Msi 990FXA-GD80

Gigabye GA99FXA-UD5

Gigabyte GA99FXA-UD3

grtz Angel

Asrock extreme9 990fx would work aswell right?

Thanks, I'll be thinking of either the UD3 Gigabyte or the Asrock NJM suggested, appreciated. :)

go with the gigabyte z77x-ud5h. its a great board and has all the ports you need and its a pretty decent price for what you are getting.

Sorry his cpu is a  AMD,

gigabyte Z77 is an intel board, that doesnt gonne work.

i think you mean the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5.

grtz Angel ☻

if you want to go for the Asrock its not a bad choice as long as you go for the Asrock 990FX extreme4.or better!

this board has a 8+2 powe phase.(thats what they say on theire website)

All depends on the budget, the UD3 is a great (if unattractive) board. However, the ASRock Extreme 9 is a better board, with much better CPU power phase design, and some additional features such as higher native RAM speed support. But the Extreme 9 is also almost $65 more expensive, last I checked.

off topic, what do you think of the Asrock 990fx extreme 9, you seem to know your mobos

and that's what i plan to get end of summer.

the Asrock extreme 9 is an awesome board.

it comes with a 12+2 power phase. what more can i say ☻

If you want cheap with good power phase design the Gigabyte 970A UD3 is a great board. It just happens to be really unattractive in my opinion. Although the ASRock Extreme4 990FX is also unattractive by my standards. My favorite design scheme for motherboards still happens to lie with MSI, but I wouldn't really recommend any of their boards lower than the MSI 990FX GD80 for overclocking.

:D

that makes me happy.

That's the one I'll be getting for my next build. I'm going to pop off the on-board coolers and spray the shiney metal and yellow bits to make them match. Or I might just splurge and get the MSI one that I mentioned earlier... It is so very pretty.

- 4 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (PCIE1 @ x16 mode; PCIE3 @ x4 mode; PCIE4/PCIE5: single at x16 (PCIE4) / x8 (PCIE5) or dual at x8/x8 mode)
- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 slot
- 1 x PCI slot
- Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™, 3-Way CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™
- Supports NVIDIA® Quad SLI™, 3-Way SLI™ and SLI™

only my question for mndles maybe you know something about it, how does it exaly says with those pci-e 2.0 slots. for crosfire,or sli, cause thats something i dont realy getting my self clear.

extreme 9 was one of maybe 3 boards, out of however many there are that actually had some style to it under $190

style meaning dark colors, and not crazy

sorry for my offtopic post by the way ☻

As ar as I understand it on the MSI board, you can use two graphics cards in the first and third slot at full PCI-e 2.0 x16, with the second and fourth slots being pinned for x8. Unfortunately, it only supports triple crossfire/SLI at x8 and quad crossfire at x4. And by that, I mean that it seems to drop the speed of all the connected cards to that bandwidth for each card.

With the ASRock Extreme 9 990 FX you can run two cards at full PCI-e 2.0 x 16 in the first and third slot, or triple crossfire/SLI with any of the slots, but the second slot is only pinned for x4 and the fourth slot is pinned for x8. So make sure if you only have two cards that they wind up in the first and third slot.

That's okay, I don't mind looking stuff up.

Thank you now its getting more clear to me,  its just how the slots linked..

at the Extreme 9 you can do indeed  crosfire or sli by pci-e 2.0 x16,(at slot 1/3) and if you want to run a tripple crosfire or triple sli, you need to take the 4th slot, but then the whole setup is going to run on x8 speed. if im getting this right?

so its probabley, not worth it to run a triple gpu setup on the extreme 9 ☻

first i wasnt realy getting the clue about those diffrent speeds  x16 x8 and x4 with those  crosfire sli setups. but i think i getting it more clear now ☻ Thank you ♥

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130649

I really love the aesthetics of this board. However, it does only have an 8+2 power phase design, which I'm not entirely sure is much of a problem, given the overwhelming quality of MSI boards that I've seen in the past. I suppose it really only matters depending on how you plan on overclocking, and the comparative quality of the VRMs and MOSFETs. I mean, given that Gigabyte also has incredibly well reputed VRM and MOSFET quality, one of the Gigabyte 990FX UD5s is probably also something to look at.