Monster hunter 4 ultimate, is it worth buying the 3ds for?

Hi,

I was first introduced to the franchise by my friend, who had the monster hunter tri on wii. I instantly fell in love with the game and bought the wii u version the same day.

Recently i heard about monster hunter 4 ultimate, and thought that it was for the wii u ( because monster hunter 3 was tri for the wii and 3 ultimate for the wii u) and I was absolutely chrushed, when i discovered that it is only for the 3ds, wich i don't have yet... I know shame on me.

I love the franchise and I have thought about getting a 3ds, but the real problem comes in, with the "new" 3ds. I have feared buying a handheld system, mostly because the graphics, oh god the graphics. And I just don't know wether i can make the jump from full HD 1080p monster hunter goodness to the admittably "potatoish" 800x240l screen of the 3ds. And i don't know if the pricetag of nearly 270€ wich equals to roughly 305 US dollars os worth it for the "new" 3dsXL + Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate bundle (XL because the normal is just freaking tiny). Especially now, that i'm planning to build a hefty gaming rig around fall wich will cost closer to 2000€ an amount of money that is REALLY hard for a 14 year old to get his hands to.

Have any of you guys played it? I've seen some gameplay material on youtube, but i don't know if the games resolution is playable on the smaller screen.

Leave your comments and ratings of the game in the comments.

Thanks

Its alright but get the ones for the psp those ones were awesome.

i almost 100%ed MHFU ^-^ it's a real shame that the lao shan and shen gaoren aren't in MH4U tho :(

i've played around 50 ish hours of MH3U and the resolution on the 3ds isn't an issue, there's a lot of great exclusives on 3ds additionally to monster hunter such as Bravely Default, A link between Worlds and not to forget the backwards compatibility to DS games.

You can get a new 3ds for 200€ if you don't want one of the incredibly rare MH4U special editions

It's fucking great, buy it :D

Do it OP, It's Good.