Monitor for development (coding/CAD)

Hi,
I am looking into monitors upgrade. Currently, I have two 1920 x 1080 monitors. Most of the things I do is coding and designing (simple CAD stuff) - no graphical work. I rarely game - and when I do, it is 60 FPS.
I am getting more and more workflow and switching between windows or even workspaces is slowing me down and getting in my way. I just need more visible space for multiple windows (file managers, some CAD windows, terminals, multiple PDFs and browsers). I have tried at my friend’s workdesk the setup of 2 x 49’’ 5K monitors (top and bottom placement with arms stand) and it feels great for me.
So, I want to upgrade, but not want to spend $1-2k per monitor. I do not need high refresh rate, high FPS, G-sync and other technologies, good color calibration and all the fireworks. I just need large workspace for mostly static content. The most budgetary way - I am also open to buying cheap Korean monitors.
Do you have any suggestions?

Dont know what to recommend since i believe that over two monitors is bit too much real estate as it is but i dont work on large cad designs but just basic architecture stuff and interior.
just buy a samsung or LG tv it will do the trick as along as the its not placed too close to .
if its close to you then buy 4k tv .

I can’t recommend a specific monitor, haven’t kept an eye on market for a bit. However, I have heard several times that CAD on curved monitors can be a bit of a pain. Haven’t tried it myself, it does somehow make sense.

Hmmm. My suggestion for your sitch is one or 2 of those korean 40inch 4k monitors. They’re cheap, notbhalf bad, some have freesync, and you mill never not have space to work in.

Thank you guys.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.