Mobo that suports 8 core fx cpu's

Could you tell me a cheap mobo that suports 8 core cpu's and has 2 pcie 16x?

I was looking to the asrock 970 extreme4, but it was few power phases.. (4+1) I was thinking to get the fx6300 and the m5a99fx pro r2.0. But it's still quite expencive. Should i get the m5a99fx pro r2.0 or get a cheaper board to get the fx8320? I'll upgrade the cpu latter, as the gpu, so I'm not sure. Help?

Um, most modern boards have a bios update so they can handle the 8 core cpu's. For overclocking, you need a 8+2 power phase (Cheapest is the GA-970A-UD3) and if you want two pcie 2.0 slots running at x16 speeds you need the 990FX chipset (GA-990FXA-UD3).

doent the m5a99fx pro r2.0 do the job?

I suppose it would do okay. You may run in to some trouble with overclocking. The power phase is a 6+2.

Id recommend- 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514&Tpk=990fxa%20ud3&IsVirtualParent=1

Cheaper and very capable.

amamzon uk isn't selling. but ive seen ppl oc with the asus board... getting over 4.5ghz

The Asus m5a99fx pro rev 2.0 will do fine ☻ with 6+2 power phase ☻

look at logans movie FX8350 vs core i7 3770k OC in that movie logan oc the fx8350 on the asus board  to 4.6 ghz stable and good running ☻

I have a asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 and I have to say its pretty damn good, my next board will definately be asus

It's a fair bit more expensive than the m5a99fx pro r2.0 (£45 more) and the specs seem roughly similar

Some extra info

I have got a 8350 installed in it and cranked up to 4.6ghz (with a watercooler), still mucking around with the voltage settings though as I think the auto function is setting it too high.

Without the watercooler the stock fan started going nuts at 4.3.. so I decided to invest in a h80i. To be honest, even without overclocking always wanted to go watercooled to get a much more quiet pc :D.

the sabertooth is expensive as *****

I think I'm going to buy the asrock 970 extreme4. I won't OC and sli/cf, so i really don't need a expencive board. I just wanted to make jusre if the 970 extreme4 could handle a 8core since it only was 4+1 power phases :S

About Asrock board just very short ansewer just NO :P

ofc you can run a FX8350 on that asrock board, but there is realy no room for oc on the 4+2 power phase. that thing will just burn in flames

if you want a cheaper board, 970 chipset.

then go for the Gigabyte GA-970A-ud3

cause this is the only board on the 970 chipset that has 8+2 power phase, and cost around 100 bucks.

or an Asus M5A97 Evo r2.0 with 6+2 phase, but i guess that board is nowhere to find in the us ☻

grtz Angel

i dont want to oc

if i dont oc does the asrock 970 extreme4 work?

Its hit and miss with that mobo it will take the FX chips with a bios update

some mobos have updated bios and some dont if you get one that needs a bios update your stuck as you cant boot the mobo with the chip to flash it you will need a older chip to slot in to update the bios 

This depends on the revision number(difernt revison=a newer bios) and when you order your nerver shure what revison you will get 

didn't understand. GOD WHY DO PPL MAKE THINGS SO HARD?

Ok let me put it this way the motherboard was released before AMD FX chips where out.

So thay then released bios updates to support bulldozer fx chips ...then piledriver fx chips where released so thay put out a bios update so you can run piledriver fx chips

So you need a 3rd generation of the motherboard with a bios of -P2.10- to run your fx chip

The motherboard relesed with a bios of -P1.10-

So its a bit hit and miss if you get sent a older mobo off the shelf it whont work if you get sent one thats newer it will 

whats the chipset that has the bios for the piledriver?

asus R2.0 boards all support FX vishera out of box.

but ofc you can allways call the store where you want to pickup youre motherbord, and ask them if they want to  flash the bios for you.

wenn it comes to those asrocks, the older 970 extreme 3 /4 dont support out of box, if im right.

butif you can find asus M5A97 evo R2.0 then it supports out of box, or the M5A97 R2.0

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131873

Yes the asus R2.0 mobos supports the newer FX chips out of the box ...

But dont get a asus M5A97 LE R2.0 as i have one and a FX6100 its crap (its going soon as i can afford a Sabertooth 990FX R2)

lol i may buy a Phenom II X4 965 - 3.4 Ghz again too as its better than my fx 6100 (i gave my old phenom gameing rig to my dad when his pentium 4 dinosaur died)

i know that  thats why i posted the Asus M5A97 R2.0 instead of the LE version.

but the fx6100 isnt the best cpu,

but what i realy dont know is why there are nowhere  the Asus M5A97 evo 2.0 board  for sale in US?  i have this board, and its realy a nice board. its practical the same as the M5A99FX pro 2.0 instead fot the chipset, and the amough of pci-e slots.

but it has the same fuetures and the same power phase as the 99fx pro.

but if i can advice the Asus M5A97 R2.0 is a good board, only 4+2 power phase wont give you much room for oc.

I'm going to get the m5a97 evo r2.0. 6+2 power phases, so I know it will rock and OC an 8core; 1 usb 3.0 so I can get a case with usb 3.0 ( i could, but then I would be annoyed) and it's preatty cheap :D it can't sli with x16 but i won't get a big psu so it doesn't matter

thanks! LOVE YOU PEOPLE <3

BTW, what do you think of this psu? Antec EarthWatts Green Series EA-650 650W Power Supply Unit

I personally have the GA-990FXA-UD3 and can't complain at all. Very solid board, never had a problem. I'm able to OC my FX-8350 to 4.7 ghz and have room for my 2 7970's. You get USB 3.0, SATA 3, 8+2 power phase... Good features, good value. Pretty sure NCIX has on sale :

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=62403&vpn=GA-990FXA-UD3&manufacture=Gigabyte&promoid=1360

Look around though, you can usually find good deals out there!

Antec is good but ied go with this --->  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Builder-Series-Modular-Certified/dp/B00ALYOTTI/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1364416848&sr=1-2

modular psu so you whont have a huge ball of extra wires inside the case and makes  cable management a lot easyer

or this one if you whant more power ---> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Builder-Series-Modular-Certified/dp/B00ALK3QRS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1364417120&sr=8-3