Mobo install help!

Hello all I have a weird situation I have never seen before. I have a mobo that is not flush with the screws. I can move the Mobo up and down. I am using the proper screws that came with my fractnal design nano s case. What should I do? Am I ok?

Gotta love that scandinavian design…
You can use some metal washers just to fill up the gap and make a ground connect to the case…

1 Like

Thanks I’ll have have to do that I guess. That is stupid!

1 Like

Honestly, you should be fine like that… The ground is suppose to be universal for the entire system. But if you are worried - use a metal washer…
Something like this

1 Like

Good enough right?

1 Like

One thin below the board and one thin above the board maybe…

The nut is alright to use right? For taking up space. I can put the washer above and below like you said

Honestly, I don’t think there will be enough room for all 3 of those…

All 3 fit

1 Like

Those screws look like they are meant to go through a rubber washer (for drive mounting).

I suggest you take a look at the accessory box.

I marked the correct screws to use.

3 Likes

Damn you are correct! I looked at that box and then went for the screws thinking I had the correct screw. Will look again. Thank you @MazeFrame. I think I grabbed the 3.5 drive screws

1 Like

wrong screws problem solved thanks everyone…i feel like an idiot…close thread

2 Likes

Good catch @MazeFrame
You probably have saved him a motherboard. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

dont feel that way its a common mistake that usually happens when you try to do things too fast.

believe me I know! When i had my first car at 16 (olds delta 88) I had to replace a timing chain.
everything went together easy and i couldn’t believe how fast i was able to do it!
that is until i looked down on the work stand and lo and behold there sat the fuel pump cam :anguished:
had to take everything back off to put the pump cam on the crankshaft gear.
learned to take my time and do it right the first time ( a valuable learning experience)

1 Like