Minisforums EM680 Windows 11 update KB5027231 Error -Solved-ish

Booted the em680 up for the first time on lunch and check windows update per @wendell first before addressing the missing amd adrenaline control panel.

Update 2023-06 Cumulative… was listed so I clicked “download and install”. It flashed downloading and failed.

Looking at the update history, It shows that this update failed on 6/14/2023 (Probably part of the image from minisforum.)

Rebooted and tried again - fail.
Ran windows update troubleshooter, found problems, fixed, restarted and failed again
Set services Windows Update and Bits to automatic, restarted them, restarted the computer and failed again

Downloaded and ran the MS windows11InstallationAssistant. It didn’t find any updates needing to be applied.

Downloaded the update from www.catalog.update.microsoft.com and ran the .msu. It took about 5 minutes to “copy to cache” and windows modules installer worker kicked off in task manager.

Windows prompted for restart behind my active windows, and it took me about 10 minutes to notice. I’m not sure how long it was watiing for me.

Windows update installing splash screen, reboot, splash screen again.

Update is still present in the “updates available to download”. Checked update history and it was successfully installed. Clicked download and install - failed again.

At this point I realize that windows update was last checked on 6-14-2023 and has not actually checked again.

Cleared the Softwaredistribution folder and ran wuauclt.exe /updatenow

Walked away for 20 minutes (watched the secuity video of one of my co-workers dropping an 80" oled tv) - Still works just cosmetic damage - thanks for asking.

Windows notifiying me that it would reboot in 4 minutes - Rebooted and the trouble update was gone and replaced with 5 new updates.

Should have just wiped it and installed windows 10… but was concerned about drivers and didn’t have another 2230 drive that I could stick in there.

Incognito the old burnt out network admin…

Ok, this is ridiculous.

Nothing much happening with 5 new updates.

Windows installer worker process running around 11% cpu and creeping up on memory. At 10GB of memory usage for the process, I decide to restart computer. That was 20 minutes ago and it says “Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on.”

I feel like Windows 11 is the new Windows ME…