MInipc or SFFpc that is the question!

Hello,

Please help me with this problem:
I am uncertain about buying a Minipc or SFFpc for family member. (Budget wise I am drawn to Minipc.)

I love Minipc’s form but as I read lately in one of the video comment’s their driver support is lacking or dependent on the Minipc manufacturer.
Is there any Minipc which has better support?

And any other pros and cons you know about?
(portability is not that important)

Wendell suggested Bee-link. Does that have the same driver dependency problem?(I could not find any useful information about it)

Or any other brand do you suggest? (having a positive experience?)

Thank you for you help!

Driver support is a little shaky with smaller brands in general, but I’ve deployed a good hundred or so beelink and minisforum PCs and haven’t had many driver issues. Building an SFFPC is nice, but they’re still priced a bit on the expensive niche side, esp when you compare the multitude of Ryzen mobile Mini PCs out there. The only thing I would caution is replacing the storage if you get yourself a cheaper Mini PC. The drives can be on the sketchy no-name side. I’ve gotten Crucial P3s sometimes, but have also gotten some wildly random ones.

Thank you for your answer!
Practical question:
They say usually the best is to buy the most bought type one because that will get the longest support.
Please can you give me one of these most bought ones
(fior eyample what you used)?
Or what should I look for?
(I have tried to search for: most bought ryzen mobile cpus, no luck ".

What’s your budget? That would help immensely since there are levels to the mini PCs. Also, what region are you in?

Europe and about 500-700 euro.

I think the MINISFORUM Venus Series UM773 Lite would serve quite nicely. Even with 32GB of RAM and a 1TB NVMe, it’s WELL under your budget.

I really like it thank you:)!
Any alternative in Beelink just to have what to choose from.

Would you change the MINISFORUM UM773’s drives ?

Beelink competitor to that would be the Beelink SER6 Max.
It’s a tossup between the two.

In either case, if they come with a Crucial or similarly reliable drive, I’d keep it. If not, I’d replace it.

Thanks , that was all for now:) have a nice day!

1 Like