Mining Rig/Network Weirdness/Issues

Next im going to try…

Unplugging all the hashing boards, run one at a time till i see latency issues. maybe that might give me more insight i duno… Just trying things now.

I’m assuming that storm protection hasn’t helped?

Just got some lunch, havnt tested it yet with two ASIC’s turning it on now. Was running the new ASIC to verify it is stable and yeah it was running stable.

New one is G01 been running stable for 252m, both of them run stable solo. Testing new run right now with both on.

And as i was typing this out we got our failure 4m in. As you can see G01 restarted because it lost connection.

Interesting.

Did you enable Storm Protection?

I don’t know if this could be a problem, but are you providing conditioned power for the devices?

Yep on each multi/broadcast etc, what you mean Conditioned power? I’ve split them up on their own dedicated circuits before and still had same issues.

Thing im doing right now, Is going to reapply the firmware updates to the machines. Maybe that will fix but it says its using the most current.

Basically, conditioned power is “clean”. Power coming from your wall may not be 120v 60hz and the wave might not be to spec. That’s just a matter of dealing with transmission distances.

Oh I use Well, distance isnt an issue the 240v plug is right behind the machine less than a few feet. Then goes itno a PDU which then goes to the Machines.

Sorry, I meant transmission distances from the power generation source (power plant, solar panels, etc…)

No clue, just comes from the wall.

yeah, It’s not a huge issue.

If the power is unclean, sometimes odd issues can happen.

1 Like

My older rig wasnt fully updated it was using a 20 day older firmware, updated both of them testing now. Probably still going to play up at this stage im running out of ideas. I guess i will just have to wait for email from support at bitmain as they are both under warrenty. Maybe they will know.

Nope, also moved them about a foot and half apart and still having issues.

OK so I think its FIXED! You wont guess what the problem was.

So I’m with comcast and have landline VOIP (Unique situation trust me.) I send it to my fathers house long story. Anyway. I hated how comcast puts in a second wifi into their gateway modem/router/sip box’s. So I bridged it to the Router i bought above.

Seems there was an issue with the Bridge mode. Because a friend suggested I try and turn it off and put it on again and put switch directly to modem port. So Did that and its been stable now for 21m. So I just plugging my router into the modem router port and everythings peachy, tho i still hate what xfinity is doing with wifi shit. But it solved my issue Thanks for helping!

1 Like

Glad to hear you fixed it!

I do remember that the isp provided modems have problems sometimes. :confused:

Thanks yeah its been running solid now for 20 hours both of them.

1 Like