Mining Rig GPU's and ASICs on side in a soundproof box

Yes, i know ill get some hate for posting this but guess what? I don’t care!

Got questions? Ask away ill try to help if i can. I also run a mining / trading group on a discord & website that i’m building for other like minded people if you’re interested post a reply, if there is interest ill post the link.

Do you use the waste heat for heating or just blow it out the window?

It goes outside, I can hook it to a duct to pipe it elsewhere if i wanted. I have been planning to use Heat in the winter for weed plants. but been too busy trading to get any plants up.

What kind of CFM is on that exhaust blower?
Do you have an air intake for the room? Heat exchanger?
Any details about the build? Hardware specs?
What else is ducted that is clipped off to the side? Any more pics?
Is that an electrical disconnect behind there? Does it power the mining setup?
What climate/rough geographic location is this at?

Could I come up with more questions?
Oooh I got this one - Yes. Yes I can.

Here is a quick follow up for your questions.

• Exhaust - 470 CFM (The exhaust ducts also have fans blowing to assist the flow out.)
  • Air Intake - Yes, it comes from a window on the right side wall from a box fan atm, I am planning to use a smaller duct from the AC unit 5ft from the tent for summer intake.
  • What else is ducted - As mentioned on title, ASIC on side in a soundproof box. Thats the extra Ducting.
  • Electrical - It was actually a dedicated 220/240 Switch, which is bypassed to a Plug for the PDU. Also have a sub breaker on other side of room with dedicated 20amp 110v plugs.
  • Location - California, summer gets hot as shit, but I also have Evap system for normal days, but when it goes over 90, I close the doors and turn on the dedicated AC unit which maintains the temp for the 10x13 room.
  • Build:
    ASIC (Side soundproof box) x2 L3+
    GPU x12 1070s (OC/UV) With room for 13 more on the current boards.
    OS: Linux custom version of nvOC with my own miner software modded to the bash scripts.

I run rigs for friends as power is cheaper (Commercial), and the workshop is rigged up for water sprinkler system in case of fire. I have been into crypto for a while but just really getting more into the mining aspect lately to support my trading.

I’m also kicking around a new design idea for a new big soundproof box with a heat chamber for extraction.

Thanks for the reply!

Sweet! Good luck with everything and post up more pics if you make a new box!

1 Like